Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Now it is my fault! GRRR

Started by Ref, Apr 19, 2004, 09:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Background:

DH and I have been together for 10 years now. From the very beginning PBFH gave us grief. If she couldn't think of any real reason to b*tch, she would point at me. "SD doesn't like Ren". "why can't you spend more time alone with SD, Ren is ALWAYS around". My favorite is when she accused me of spanking SD.

Now she is playing civil. I think it is because DH is in the middle of sueing her for contempt and change in visitation. The only problem she has still is me. "Her name is on the return address label". That was her complaint.

I guess if I just disappeared after all these years she would be treating DH like GOLD.

ARRRGGH. I guess I can't really complain. She is being civil otherwise. That in itself is a bit scary.

Kitty C.

I know the feeling.  PBFH hates my guts and is so jealous of me, it's gotten to the point that it's laughable!  And that's how I handle it now.  You must know that it's NOTHING against you, but her own extreme insecurities.

My favorite experience was last summer when I happened to pass PBFH and SS after one of his games.  I VERY nicely said 'Hello, PBFH' with a smile on my face and kept on going.  The next time SS was with us, I asked SS if he got into trouble for that (as has happened in the past) and he made a disgusted face and told me that after I had passed, she made a nasty face at me and mockingly and sarcastically repeated what I said.  It was VERY apparent that the only thing she managed to accomplish with her juvenile behavior was to discredit herself to her own child and make him see her for what she really is:  a jealous, immature fraud.

To tell you the truth, if it were me and I were present the next time she did something like this, I'd be hard pressed to keep from ROTFLMAO!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

oneandonly

Your name is on a return address label and this is cause for complaint?
OY.....
This reminded me of a time when I had a phone conversation with sd--just chit-chat. We were talking about horses (her passion) and I mentioned that we would be going to the race track soon and would she like some pictures from this? OF course she did.
I send them and holy cow, you'd think the world had stopped!! Not only did "I" have the nerve to send "her daughter" pictures, but "I" signed the card that went with them....pbfh mentioned that she saved the card though to prove what my writing was like for the future..
OY.....
I wont go into sending things-extra things, that I thought the kids would like a few years back...
I send/sign nothing now.

It does make ya wonder how the kids deal with this sort of childish behavior because you know when the fits are thrown, the kids are right there to see it/them??? My husband was talking to his children a while back and could hear PBFH in the background calling him everything she could lay her tongue to.....nice following the court order about disparaging remarks, btw...
Our pbfh is bipolar and it has been quiet lately too...the cycle will start again though, we know....
we both ignore :)

Peanutsdad

Look at it this way,, words are water off a ducks ass.

If shes focusing on YOU,, with no result,, she IS leaving perhaps viable avenues alone.

More power to her.

janM

of a couple I know. The husband took his ex to court last fall for contempt for denying him time with the kids for 4 YEARS.

The issue of health insurance came up because she was court ordered to use dad's insurance (which he provides) and had been using her new husband's.

The judge asked her if she received his cards in the mail. She said she never opened anything from them that was in his present wife's handwriting. And this after Dad's lawyer pointed out early in the hearing that dad is dislexic, has trouble reading and writing (he had him read a letter) and relies on his wife to handle correspondence. Duh!!

Oh yes he sees the kids now...that's the only part of their court order she is not in contempt of still...

sweetnsad

I can relate...my So's ex wife is a real PBFH and hates me to no end...very jealous of our home and our happiness...it just kills her that he is happy now and expecting his second child with me....but I just smile and pretend she doesn't exist.  I had to disengage somewhat, just to function normally for my children.  I wasn't going to let the likes of her ruin my life.  It's hard, and there are days that are more difficult than others, but in the end, I'm the better person.  I don't let her get to me as much anymore.  She certainly isn't worth it, especially after everything she put us through.  I could never do that to my ex-husband...it doesn't accomplish a damn thing.