Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 07:24:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's coming to pass.........

Started by Kitty C., May 06, 2004, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

SS is hitting his prime, now that he's turned 10!  He used to be scared of PBFH, but now we think he's just pissed!

PBFH called Mon. night asking for DH, who's on the road all week.  She sounded pissed!  I told her DH had his cell on, and DH called me later to tell me what happened.  Apparently SS wanted to watch some cartoon and PBFH wouldn't let him.  That she had before but wouldn't now.  DH told him that he has to mind his mother and there is no way to get around it.  SS then had an issue with PBFH not letting him walk or ride his bike to school.

An explanation is needed here.  We live in a multiple horse town (not a one horse), heart of Amish country where you have to dodge the horse turds driving down the street.  And only ONE stop light for kids to cross the highway to get to school.  In the past 50 years I've only heard of one murder and NO child abductions.  Nevertheless, PBFH is ultra paranoid that if SS isn't driven to school, he will either be shot by a sniper or abducted (possibly by either DH or myself and we're NEVER in town when school's in session!).  SS has told us before that PBFH said he couldn't go by himself till middle school/6th grade.  But there are kindergarteners down the street from them who walk every day!

DH finally convinced PBFH to let him try it, so he did get to on Tues.

Last night DH got ANOTHER call from SS and this time apparently he was in trouble again.  On Wed., PBFH left SS a note (she has to be at work by 6 am.) on what he was supposed to do after school but riding his bike to school was NOT on it.  But he rode it anyway.  And PBFH was pissed!  Again!  We have no idea where the SF was in all this.  It is looking like she is not permitting him to have any say-so in discipline with SS.

The writing on the wall is getting clearer by the day!  DH and I both agree that her strangle hold on SS is really making him chomp at the bit and he's starting to rebel.  Eventually he will get so bad that she won't be able to handle him anymore.  And she has a 3 y.o. that she's even worse with!  SS is a product of her own screw-ups.  She lets both boys get away with practically anything, then when she gets to the boiling point, she comes down hard on them.  I've seen the 3 y.o. scream at the top of his lungs, while she 'calmly' tries to tell him that that is unacceptable behavior.  I hate to think what she did to that child after they got home.  I have yet to hear her say a flat out NO.

The next few years will be pivotal.  Between dealing with the toddler out of control and a pre-pubescent boy who's getting angrier by the day, she will eventually break and call DH to come and get him because she can't handle him anymore.  DH and I both know that when that day comes (not IF but WHEN), we will have one very angry and confused boy on our hands, and we all will need extensive counseling to get thru all the damage the PBFH has done. But at least he will be away from that influence.  And she will have no one to blame but herself.

I fully expect our phone to be ringing more often from now on!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......