Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welfare questions

Started by Ref, May 10, 2004, 09:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Does anyone know if DH can request all information with SD's name on it that was submitted to the welfare agency?

We have a feeling PB has taken Sd to welfare dr. instead of using insurance. She also only claimed $1k in income last year when she has been receiving funds (I'm not sure where from) to go to graduate school. She definately did not get a scholarship; it must be a grant or welfare service. She gets low-income housing and probably foodstamps.

One document that we obtained that I beleive is for child care assistance, states that Dh is not a legal parent and that he is not allowed to pick SD up from care. (legally incorrect). This document also only included DH's name and state, the address and ss# spots were left blank.

What do you think? Any detectives out there that can help?

wendl

1) RE: Welfare Dr-there is NO such thing as a welfare Dr, yes the Dr may take state medical for the patient but that doesn't make them a welfare Dr. If you know the doctor and have Joint Legal custody you can request medical records from that Dr. (may son was on state medical for year, he no longer is on state medical HOWEVER he sees the same Dr he did and he is under a individual medical insurance plan)

2) In some states the Welfare program will help single custodial parents go to school and with daycare. I think it's called welfare to work program. You can contact the local welfare office and ask them about that program

3) Welfare depending on income will either pay or subsized daycare costs for lower income people, I know I used it when my son was younger.

4) As for daycare saying DH is not a legal parent, If you have joint legal custody then you request that his name is put on the information as well as emergency contact (also do this with the school) make sure to give them copies of the court orders.

5) if you believe she is on welfare and frauding the system, go the welfare site in your state, you can file a complaint or it will show you the steps to take to file a fraud report.

**Also if she is receivng welfare (grant) monies (not including school) and gets cs, in most states she will see a total of $50 a month and the rest of your support payment goes back to the state to repay for mom being on welfare, you can find this information out by contacting the support office and requesting a print out of all payments made for the last year, usually the reports show how the monies were distrubuted.)

:)

Ref

Thanks for the help.

By welfare dr, I meant a doctor that excepts patients through Medicare or Medicaid.  Sd has insurance through DH but some of her innoculations were not paid through it. I beleive BM goes to a Community Health Center and has taken Sd there for treatment w/o the use of insurance. I am trying to figure out why insurance wasn't used. All I can come up with is that she put SD on medicaid/medicare and stated nothing about her insurance, and again nothing about DH.

I have to clarify, I beleive in having welfare to help those who truely need it. This is the type of woman that all hard-working parents hate. She has been in school for 10 years. The past year has been graduate school. She takes classes 2 nights a week, if that. Her excuse for not working is that she is a single mom and in graduate school. Funny part is that she sleeps all day when Sd is in school and when Sd is home at night, mom isn't cause she is out with friends or in school. She has raised SD in government housing in a dangerous neighborhood, why? Cause she doesn't want to work at all. I know plenty of single mothers who work hard to make sure their children have what they need. This one doesn't seem to care so long as she can sleep until noon every day.

wendl

Ref,

Well if your insurance wasnt billed them bm didnt inform the dr about the other insurance carrier, usually the state medical comes in as a secondary insurance.

I can relate about some people using welfare as a way of life, my son has a sister (his dad and another woman) who has been on welfare for 11yrs--it makes me sick.

I also can relate to kids living in not so good neighborhoods and the other parent using school as a way of getting out of working for a living.

you also may be able to try to get cs reduced and imput her income based on the what a person of that age/gender/and education should be making.

:)

nosonew

Regarding the child care thing, our bm put ss in child care after school program that is funded thru the state.  She put on there that NO ONE except herself or her parents could pick child up, however, we had c.o. to have ss from after school until such and such.  We had to wait until she arrived at this program at 5:30 pm to pick up ss, even with the c.o. they would not change it and would call law enforcement if we tried.  Of course the judge just slapped her wrist during court, but it took 2 years to get it changed thru the system. And he had joint legal.  Good luck!

Ref

Actually, I beleive that BM has stopped receiving these benefits a few years ago. We found the document last year when we got the school information under FERPA.

The thing I am concerned about is that she is filing other papers claiming to have sole legal and excluding DH's information in order to receive other government benefits fraudulently.

To be honest, the whole welfare recovery crap has me a bit frightened. I would like to be able to figure out where her money is coming from so that DH doesn't get screwed.

Thanks for all of your help. I will keep plugging along.