Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HA..I actually AM THE FIRST WIFE!!!!!

Started by Xcowgirl, May 25, 2004, 06:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcowgirl

Well with all the research that I have done....(no marriage paperwork was EVER FILED!)

DH and PBFH - have never actually been legally married...

Legally I AM THE FIRST WIFE!!!!!  That will frost her cookies!!!

The paperwork was never filed - they did get a divorce - but...truely who cares...

So now when she screams in my face, all this drama about her being his First and only wife in Gods eyes.....

I got HER!

It's the small things - like a piece of certified mail with the state seal on it stating "That this marriage was never valid, due to no paperwork every being filed."...

All I can say is BOOM!!!  I got cha!

All smiles today ladies....

forthekids24

I completely understand how you feel!  

Our PBFH called DH just days before our wedding saying that his "second" marriage wouldn't last more than 5 years.... huh.. funny thing, we are celebrating our 8th anniversary next week.  AND her current husband of not even 2 years has been calling DH asking if she was "always" this crazy.... looks like her marriage won't last 5 years.

Gotta love Karma.

FTK

Kitty C.

Ditto here!

First we heard that PBFH and her live-in were to get married the summer of 1998, then it was the summer of 1999.  but once we set our wedding date, May 1999, all of a sudden she got busy!  And now I will FOREVER remember her wedding date, because it's EXACTLY 2 weeks after ours!

I've heard all the stats, too.  About how 60-80% of second marriages don't last.  And even tho DH and I have had our problems, we've worked out the majority of them and will continue to.  No ultimatums, no threatening, just a mutual agreement and understanding and doing it all in love.

While HER DH gave her an ultimatum last fall, that she WILL attend marriage counseling with him or he's filing!  No wonder she's been half-assed nice ever since! Now it's just a wait and see game to see how long it lasts, LOL!  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

oklahoma

The last time I spoke to my husband's ex, she informed me that he will divorce me too! (I didn't remind her that SHE was the one who did the divorcing.)

My husband mentioned once that his ex tried to get back with him after we were engaged.  Sad!! especially considering she was already remarried.  In the past, she has sat on our couch crying because her marriage was failing.  And the last time she saw us at our home was 4 days after our second child was born--when everyone was so happy and excited about the new addition.  She actually asked my husband once why he couldn't have been THIS way when they were married.  He grew up but she never did.....  So she missed out.

We have been married 4 years now.  My husband laughs because I am counting down to when I have been married to him longer than ex #1.   For some reason that is a big hurdle for me; he laughs, but I think my husband understands.  (BTW, there is an ex #2--I already passed her up--plus no kids from that relationship, so we have very few dealings with her.)

oneandonly

My husband and I have been together almost 7 years now-married 4 on June 24.....his previous "marriage"-actually livng together, was 3 whole months (long enough to get pregnant of course)....
So, without a doubt, I am the oneandonly~

DMcD

Jeez, I bet she's red in the face!! Am am DH's 2nd wife, yes, but I am the 1st Mrs. McD. BM never changed her name and has used her maiden name from day one. She started hyphenating about a year before we got married, but has since stopped doing that, since she was having trouble opening bank accounts, applying for loans, etc. because her paycheck had a hyphenated last name and she had NO identification at all for DH's last name, other than their divorce paperwork LOL!

DH and I have officially been a couple for longer than he and BM. Nearly nine years. They were together, functionally, for only eight years. It's nice when you have at least a little left over as the second wife. DH had already experienced BM's pregnancy and her childbirth, so he was a little ho-hum about my kids. But he did cut all of their umbilical cords, which he hadn't done with any of his other three kids. Sometimes you have to take the little victories. You, on the other hand, got the big victory!! Too funny and congrats on being the official "first lady"!

purrrfectgirl

I know the feeling.  Hubby's ex was Catholic but didn't bother to get married by a Catholic priest.  I am Catholic as well (hubby is Southern Baptist).  Anyway, for all those non-Catholics out there, you have to usually go through a long, painful process to get an annulment so you can get married in the Catholic church, even if you were married originally in another Church.  Well, we went to start the process and since his ex was Catholic and didn't get married in the Catholic church, they deemed her marriage to hubby null-and-void.  So legally, I'm the second, but according to her church (and mine), in God's eyes, I'm the only Mrs. E.  His ex thought it would take us months to get the annulment.  Thanks to her stupidity we got it in less than 30 days.  It really burnt her ass when the paper was just sent to her saying the church doesn't recognize her marriage and hubby is free to marry again.  I just laugh.  Small concelation, but it really annoys her, so that makes it even better!

sweetnsad

I'm not my DH's first wife, but we've had many firsts....my husbands ex wife had three c-sections, so he had never experienced a natural birth until we had our daughter....and again, in a few days, we will have our second child.  That meant alot to him, he was so overwhelmed!  And I was so happy that I could do that for him.
So, although we may not be each other's "first" spouse, we are very happy and share many "first times" together.

Kitty C.

And I thought I was the only one who did that, LOL!  Just 3 more years to go!  If PBFH and SF make it that long, I will be stunned!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

forthekids24

Love it!  Funny how it is the little things.

Our PBFH couldn't have the kids naturally.... seems she has Herpes and it was flaring up when it came time to deliver both of theirs... DH had only seen C-Sections.

The look on his face when we had our son...of course natuarally and without all the drugs she had pumped in to her during labor..... oh and BTW, she only gave him girls;)

FTK