Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I am so stoked!

Started by DMcD, Jun 09, 2004, 10:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcD

I've chosen and enrolled in all my classes. I'm taking Political Science - Intro to US Gov't and Business - Law and Society this summer. In the fall, I am going to be taking Philosophy - Law, Justice & Punishment, Admin of Justice - Concepts of Criminal Law, English Lit. - Mythologies of the World (don't ask, it's one of the required classes! LOL), Contemporary Biology, History of the US and finally, 3 units of Work Study. 6 units this summer and 18 units in the fall. I'm going to be swamped, but I think I'll love every minute of it.

I guess I am going to be a Sociology major. That seems to be the only major that I found that mentions transfers to pursue higher educations in law careers (other than law enforcement). The community college doesn't have a prelaw program. I could continue on to State to get a BA, but I'd rather jump straight into law school, if they'll take me. One of the lawyers in my office said that an AA is acceptable to get into the law school she attended (the second best law school in the area). I would HAVE to have a BA to get into McGeorge. It's tempting, but Lincoln is a really good school and our district attorney and several presiding judges attended Lincoln.

Anyway, I'm rambling and giddy. I am so proud that I finally took this step. DH is happy for me, too. It's going to feel like forever until the 21st gets here.

wendl

Good for you D,
I wish you the best, you deserve it, your a great person.

*******Sorry bm and her friends are stalking me and printing what I write"

"Whatever I write is my opinion based on being a mother and a stepmother and things I have gone thru, in no way am I giving legal advice as I am not an attorney."*********

rini

you go girl

!!!!!!!!!''

take care

rini

DMcD

Thanks you guys. I just got back from visiting my grandparents. I attended their 50th wedding anniversary. They are so cute. We stopped off in Los Vegas to visit my Aunt as well. Visiting her was the best part of our trip, bar none. Anyway, Monday will be here soon and I'll start my classes. This month will be DH's last support payment from BM. I think I'll buy my books when he gets her check. It will make me feel a little bit better. I'll let you guys know how things go.