Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Question for any web/computer gurus out there

Started by SadStepMom, Jul 07, 2004, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadStepMom

Hi,

I was just curious about a message that came back when attempting to send an email.  I got this error

Requested action not taken: mailbox
unavailable. [SMTP Error Code 550]

I have seen these types of messages when I have sent emails to addresses that are no longer valid but it usually says something like it is an unknown receiptant.

Is this essentially the same thing?  Or does it mean that the email address is valid, but unavailable at this point?

Thanks for anyone that can shed some light

SSM

NJDad

Hi SadStepMom,

This may be one of two things:

1) Perhaps this is the type of response one gets when the receiver is blocking our e-mail address. A quick way to tell is by either A) e-mailing the other person from a different e-mail account or; B) you can block a friend's e-mail account and ask them to send you something and see if they get the same type of message back.

2) It could be because their mailbox is full. If it's a hotmail account, I think there is only 1 or 2 MB to play with and it fills up fast. So you can try to send an e-mail from a different account to this person, if this fails then they might not have any more space available to receive anything.

Hope this helps,

NJDad