Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DmcD??? How is your sister?

Started by nosonew, Jul 15, 2004, 04:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosonew

Looked, didn't see any updates....let me know..she has been in my prayers...nosonew

Kitty C.

Same here, I was just thinking about her this morning.........and I haven't had a chance to call you, D!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

DMcD

Sis got her ICD (pacemaker unit) put in late last month. She seemed to be improving but we didn't really know what she was looking forward to in the long term until this Tuesday. She had a follow-up with her cardiologist and what he said was that she is disabled and she cannot work for a long time, if ever. He said that, at her age, there is a very small chance that as her general health improves (if you'll remember, she could hardly eat and was literally starving to death), her heart may begin to recover. She is eating and regaining some strength. He also said that there was also a chance that her medication or ICD unit may begin to lose its effectiveness and her condition could deteriorate. He wants her to work with the transplant team so that if that does occur, she can get in right away and they will already have all her information available. She will be given high priority because of her own age as well as the ages of her children. Now, we haven't any idea what the chances of this happening are, so we are praying that she gets better or at leasts stablizes to where she will be generally healthy but have to live with a heart condition for the rest of her life. Thank you all so much for your prayers and well wishes. It was a hard time for all of us, but so far, her prognosis is good. Just keep praying she won't need a transplant.