Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When it rains, it pours...........

Started by Kitty C., Jul 23, 2004, 09:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Got a bomb shell dropped on me yesterday.  The institution I work for (state) is/has been dealing with major budget cuts.  In the current round, my dept. has been forced to cut MAJORLY from their budget.........and my position got the chopping block.

I have 11 years seniority to back me up, and I will eventually get another position somewhere else, but I certainly don't need this right now.  This dept. is like family to me and it will be VERY hard to leave.  

So now, along with everything going on at home (stalemated and calm at the moment), I have this to deal with.  I show a strong, determined attitude to others, but I feel like mush on the inside.

So again, I'm asking for prayers...for the good Lord to give me the strength to see this thru and that I get a position I like............
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Stepmom0418

Oh man!! I can understand how you are feeling but we both know you can make it through this!! If you need to talk give me a holler you know im here to listen and to help if i can! You got our prayers!

forthekids24

He must have something else planned for you Kitty.  Hang in there, I am sure that this has happened so you can find something better.

FTK

Kitty C.

Because that's about all I've got to hang on to right now!  I know He's not going to give me more than He knows I can handle........but He sure likes to push it at times, LOL!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

joni

but you've seen your faith work for you before in dark times...when a door closes, the Lord opens a window.  

Kitty....you're a cat....you always land on your feet.  Follow your dreams of providing medical care for people and how much you love that and how much you help the people on this board with that....

wendl

Kitty I am sorry to hear this, are they giving you a good severence pay???

We will pray that you find work quicky.

:)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

SadStepMom

Hi Kitty,

I wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I don't know how much our  paths have crossed on the message boards, but I do know that your posts are always the first ones I go look at in response to a posting.  Your help/support/insight are invaluable and I wish you were having an easier time right now.

I hope your storm doesn't last very long and that you make it through without too much anguish.

Best of luck and thank you!

SSM

stepmom74

Kitty,

I've also read many of your messages to other people and have often looked to your posts for help.  I have a lot of faith that you will find something even better down the road.  Just take one day at a time.  Believe me I know, sometimes you wonder why you seem to be the one that He loves to test.  (He does it to me often!!) Just when you think you can't take it, something good happens and it doesn't feel so bad anymore.

Keep the faith; I am wishing you all the luck in the world!

Good luck.

Stepmom74

Kitty C.

I'm lucky in that I've got 11 years seniority and a union contract to back me up.  I will find another position in the system, but given the circumstances, it may not be to my liking.  I may end up going thru a bunch of BS for a while........and the thought crossed my mind over the weekend that the older you get, the less you look forward to change!

I'm just praying that the right position comes open and I have enough seniority to get it........

txblonde