Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:55:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Something to write home about

Started by oklahoma, Jul 25, 2004, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahoma

OK, this is a little thing, but it's nice to write it out and tell someone.  I've been worried about what my SDs will think when their dad is unable to do supervised visits over the next few weeks.  (Can't wait for Friday the 13th of August! when the summer term ends.)  With school 9 am-9 pm Monday-Thursday and work the rest of the time, he cannot take the 4 hours of driving time for a 2-hour supervised visit every week.  So far, he has just not mentioned visits to BM, and she certainly isn't pushing the issue.

But, things have worked out well so far.  I stopped by BM's on YSD's birthday last week, since we were in her town for other purposes.   I think she was shocked to see me, but was very nice and polite.  She even gave me info about the state softball tournament YSD was playing in.  YSD will be gone for a whole week, so no supervised visits during that time, and Dad is not to blame.  Plus, the tournament is just an hour south of where we live, so my husband was able to go see both her games this weekend.  Sports are huge for my husband, and he was just thrilled to finally be able to cheer on one of his children! (I went down with him to yesterdays game with our children--100+ temperatures, YSDs team lost, but it was still a great day.)