Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone else doing the "big" countdown????

Started by speciallady, Jul 27, 2004, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speciallady

Just can't help ourselves, but we are.......

One year and about 10 months to go and NO MORE SUPPORT GARNISHMENT!!!
Then dh will be able to deal with the kids one-on-one, too-no more interferences, no more justifications for her psychosis!!!

joni

we have 12 years....6 months....11 days

and then the adult BS starts.  who sits where at the wedding?  does BM try to screw my DH out of walking his DD down the aisle?  what to the grandchildren call me?

it's endless...........until death do we part.

DMcD

At least on some level. Five years, five months and ten days till the last one is 18. SD just turned 16, so only two years left for her. ODS is almost five so I can see the end for DH's kids. It hasn't seemed that long since ODS was born. What a day that will be!

I'm not going to sweat the adult problems. If she wants to be nasty, let her. The skids will be old enough to see their mom for what she is. If they want to cut their father out because their mother is a bitch, they have only themselves to live with. DH and I have our own children to contend with and we are not going to throw away their childhoods trying to save teens and adults.

Every day gets us all just a little closer. That's actually a relief sometimes.

purrrfectgirl

Two years and 13 days for us.  He has three kids and that's when the oldest turns 18.  Butthe two youngest have already said they want to come live with us next summer (and from the stories of life at home I highly doubt it will change).  So when we get his twins next year (they will be 13) we won't have to pay CS anymore, but I'm counting down to when OSS turns 18 because that's when we get to start collecting CS from BM!  Yippee!  We may never actually see the money, but we can lord it over her head forever!  It's a great way to run her out of important events we don't want her at.  Although, she probably won't come anyhow.  She's already told SD that if she comes to live with us her mom will never (yes, she used the word never) speak to her again.  What a sad thing to say to your child!  Can't wait for it!

Kitty C.

Just make damn sure your DH reminds DD (over and over again if he has to) that her wedding is HER day, NOT her mother's.  I've heard of many women, having come from split homes, ask both father and SF to walk them down the aisle.  If relationships are halfway decent, it at least allows her to NOT have to choose between one or the other.  But if she ONLY wants her father, that is HER perogative and Mama can just take her BS and shove it.

And I've also heard of women who have walked down the aisle alone, just to keep the peace.  I think it's a crying shame, since NO ONE but the bride and groom should be making any decisions about that day and they should be made from THEIR hearts, NOT by intimidation and threats.  I'd like to bitch slap ANY mother who trys to dictate what her child should or shouldn't do at their wedding..........

Sorry, this is one of those issues that REALLY pisses me off.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

stepmomtwo1

One year,one month and three days!! :) Then all the money we make will be OURS for the first time since we were married. I can't wait! Step daughter turns 18 on Sept 1st and so help me we are going to do everything in our power to end any and all payments asap!

Then mama can figure how where her next meal ticket will be coming from. Actually from what I hear her new dh is getting pretty tired of her so maybe she'll leave him and get support for another 8 years for the child she had with him.

I met dh when the monster was 4 years old and I never thought it would go so fast...once we quit talking to the psyco time has passed. When she thought she still had control of my dh time just drug by. Now were happy and in another year we'll be even happier.

SadStepMom

9 years, 1 month, 4 weeks, and 1 day.

BM screwed herself out of 9 months of child support by starting ss in school early.  Too bad :)

olanna

I'm not really concerned about the CS I pay. I am just looking forward to being to have a relationship with my son without his Dad and bitch of a SM interfering in everything I try to do with him.

Yep...only 2 years and 6 months.. and their control factor becomes HISTORY!!!!

your_sidekick

Hi olanna. Haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing?

Jessica

mango

Who pays for the SD wedding the DH or the BM?

Not looking forward to THAT one.

BM will probably want a lavish affair, and make DH pay for it.