Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 04:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick Vent

Started by 4honor, Aug 10, 2004, 12:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Once they do have glasses, get those ugly black elastic bands that athletes used to use to keep their glasses on their heads.  Tell the kids it's because they can't seem to keep them, so you are assuring that they don't fall off and get broken or get lost.  And once they show enough responsibility that that won't happen, then you'll take the bands off.

The opinion of public society, or at least in this case childhood society, is VERY strong.  I tried this once with DS, who used to be a TOTAL slob when it came to eating at school.  When he came home, I could tell just by looking at his shirt and jeans what he had for lunch.  EXACTLY.  I was toying with the idea of buying a bib and hanging it in his room, but decided on a different tactic.  I told him we were going clothes shopping, which he willingly agreed to.  BUT once we got there, I took the wind totally out of his sails by telling him that the ONLY color I was buying for him was WHITE.  EVERYTHING.  Meaning every single spill and drop would show up like a beacon.  He finally got the message!

More than one way to skin a kitty!  ;-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

smtotwo

Last year school sent a letter home for oss he needs glasses for school. by august of last year he still didn't have them. So DH and I took him to get some.

Court order is 50/50 split on all medical. Has psychomommy paid her 50% from LAST august?  UMMM NO!!

Fast forward to July. yss gets glasses. Psychomommy states that we owe her $150 for 50% of glasses.  NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

I told DH that from now on we would pay for ALL of OSS glasses and she can pay for all of yss glasses.  Still comes out to 50/50!!

She was livid and threatened court.  Court?  Bring it on!!  WE got the glasses for oss when school said he needed them, not her, and she never reimbursed her 1/2.

THey are here for the week and I don't know how I ever dealt with all my own kids, I must not have the patience now I had then.  My kids are 23 21 20 and 13.   Skids are 10 and 8.

DO NOT PAY FOR THOSES GLASSES!! PLEASE don't set that precedent.

msme

First, sit the boy down & read him the riot act. Let him know that there will be very severe consequences for loosing or breaking his glasses. Also set a severe punishment for breaking anyone elses glasses & hold to it.

I suggest having him write a positive statement about 500 or 1000 times. Something like, "I know that I must respect my home & my family & everyone's belongings." Tell him that he will be totally grounded until it is finished. No TV, no video games, no outings, no nothing. This has worked well for my son & his fiance & their 8 kids.

Second thing, if you are going to jail, you might as well make it worth it. use a baseball bat.  LOL

Good luck & God bless.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!