Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 06:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Could it be enough?

Started by purrrfectgirl, Aug 17, 2004, 07:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purrrfectgirl

So you've all heard the story about SD wanting to come live with us.  Well, things have started getting really bad at home for her, and all she wants is out.  During a fight tonight ex told SD that "you can just go live with your dad" (I think ex feels this is a threat).  SD got all excited and called us and said that mom said that.  But since school is starting and we don't have custody we can't enroll her and I can't see ex signing the papers.  Well, a little over a year ago and neighbor of ex (who happened to be ex's best friend at the time) called us out of the blue and confided about ex's vicodin addiction and abuse she's witnessed toward the kids.  This is some seriously ugly stuff she told us.  Neighbor, who had just recently terminated the relationship with ex told us to get the kids out ASAP or they would really be srewed up, but since she lived across the street she didn't want to testify for fear of ex hurting her.  Since then neighbor has moved.  Still in the same school district but not across the street. I spoke with neighbor tonight after talking with SD about testifying in court if subpeonaed.  She is going to talk with her BF about it and get back to me.  So this leads me to my question.  If Neighbor is willing to testify of abuse and drug addition (and there may be another neighbor or two we could get to testify about drug addiction too) and 12 yr. old SD wants to come live with us, could it be enough for a mid-school year custody change?

If you want anymore details feel free to ask.  Thanks for any advice!