Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:25:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need Advise

Started by Stepmomnow, Sep 15, 2004, 09:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

Yep stand up for yourself what she gonna do, call you and dh nasty names, isn't she already, be the bigger person.

ALSO maybe the dr would let you go into the room after mom, then no big deal or worse case tell dr that dh will call when he gets home to find out about dr appt or have dr write you a note for dh.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

nosonew

Went thru this too.  I never backed down, went to all appt.'s, etc.  Just go...if she pitches a fit at the doctors office, explain that your dh has 50/50 and while in your care, you need to know what is up!

Regarding her taking him to appts on your time.  BTDT.  First, your dh needs to IN WRITING explain to her that if she wants to make appt's for son that is fine, just don't do it on your time.  If she does it again, don't allow him to go. He isn't going to die if he doesn't get his teeth cleaned that week or his eyes checked.  THIS IS A CONTROL ISSUE!  If your dh continues to allow it, it will only get worse!  He needs to refuse her when she does this, after sending her the letter.  

Good luck! Keep us posted.  What did the doc say about the chest pains? Anxiety?

Stepmomnow

This was last spring and what DH did is tell her to cancel the appointment, because it was made on our week without our knowledge and made her reschedule it.  We continually have to set boundries with this lady and she continually pushes them.  I wish there was same chance that it would end, but since this behavior has been going on for 8 years, I see no possibility that she will move one.  Oh well, I knew what she was like when I married him.  And I did it anyway and am very glad I did so.

Kitty C.

Just remember one VERY important fact here, then:  SHE is the ONLY one who is making her look bad, NOT you!  If others see her berating you or telling others how 'bad' you are, the only thing they might be feeling is sympathy for you, for having to put up with her.  But TRUST ME, their opinion of her will be in the toilet!

Better yet, ignore her.....it will drive her INSANE!  When she starts to rant and rave, act like she isn't even present.  It will get worse before it gets better, but it will also make her look that much worse.  Others who witness this will be able to make instant decisions on who is being the adult in the situation, and it certainly won't be her!  In fact, they will have that much more respect for YOU, for being able to let her BS slide off you like water off a duck's back!

YOU CAN DO IT!  :-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......