Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is it written this is child abuse?

Started by Wi-Mom, Jan 10, 2005, 07:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wi-Mom

Hey everyone,

My ex husband just got married to a woman he'd only been dating for a month. Over the last couple of months since they married, my ex and his new wife have been giving details of their sex life to my 13 year old son.

This weekend my ex-husband actually showed him some of their sex toys and I've had enough. The way I'd like to approach this is to send them a certified letter with a law or statute or something official that defines this behavior as official child abuse and send it to them requesting they stop. Does anyone know where I can get this information? Thanks!

Wi-Mom

it says,

948.055 Causing a child to view or listen to sexual acivity.

(1)Whoever intentionally causes a child who has not attained 18 years of age to view or listen to sexually explicit conduct may be penalized as provided in sub. (2) if the viewing or listening is for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying the actor or humiliating or degrading the child.

I don't think my ex husband's intent has anything to do with gratifying anything.. I think he's just bragging. I'm not sure I can nail him with this statute. What do you think?

smtotwo

take your son to a counselor?  They're mandatory reporters.  Go in and have the statute in hand and have son explain what happens at fathers house.