Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:10:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do you as a step- mother cope with the BM?

Started by flewwellin, Dec 29, 2004, 12:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flewwellin

thanks  I hope that I don't have to go through what you are cause I agree it is better for the kids if we get along.  DOn't have to be friends but at least not bad mouthing one another.  However I wouldn't do that in front of the kids anyway.  

joni

Sure the skids are your business (directly..when they're under your care) and your responsibility.

I don't think it's appropriate for a SM to have a direct conversation regarding the skids with the BM.  That's your husband's place to discuss their children with the BM.

It doesn't mean you can't have input with your husband about his children and aid in his decisions before he speaks to the BM.

KAT

I have a vodoo doll inside my bedroom closet nailed to wall with a gutter spike.

KAT

joni

Where can I get me one of those voodoo dolls????

Stepmom0418

You got to tell me too!!!! PLease, I really need one BAD!!

KAT

I make them & send them out for free. It's up to you to supply the genetic material that needs to be inserted in the "space" provided however.*wink*
Funny thing is, about 90 days after I moved the biohag doll thus moving the spike to her right eye it came to be that she was sued by a sleep clinic for 1,587.00 plus court costs & interest. Aren't sleeping are we? Maybe it's that conscience...ya think????
*insert wicked laugh here*
:)
On a more legal note, I got my own attorney. YUP. Who sent her a cease/desist & criminal trespass notice.
She scares the heck out of me. I'm 41 (lived in NYC for 15 years) & have YET to meet ANY ONE PERSON as evil & with absolutely not soul what-so-ever as she is.
How I keep going? For one, I know that I'm NOT going to be her once she meets her maker. I'm not a religious person but I fully believe in Karma on earth (its happening!!) & retribution in the after-life.
KAT

kiddosmom

Can I have a voodoo doll??? *jumps up and down a waiving hand vigorously*

stepmomtwo1

Well after 13 years of this woman I just ignore her. It's easy for us because she has kept my sd from us since she was 9 and acted like a total shrew because she hated dh enough to find a boyfriend while they were married and leave dh for him but hated me for dating and marrying dh ?? The woman is psycho and needs serious mental help.

I see her only when we have school functions for our 10 year olds (lucky us we had babies only three days apart) and other then that I pretend she never has existed. She's not the kind of woman I'd want to be around unless I had to.

MixedBag

By telling the kids the truth -- "I'm not your mom, you already have one."  I'm an additional parent. .. as a SM dealing with a BM who also hates my guts (but she won't admit it -- actions speak louder than words).

I let DH deal with her....

And I don't "deal" with my EX's fake-wife (where I'm the NCP/BM) .....who is being a replacement mom instead of an additional adult.  There's a huge difference.

wendl

I don't anymore she is a hmmm better not say lmao.

Gotta love the "It's none of your business crap"  hmm what happens to the kids affect your dh therefore it affects you and YES it is your business.

My dh and I talk about everything and we decide as a FAMILY what to do, then he deals with the thing.

I no longer go out of my way to be nice, or to get the kids stuff they need at their MOMS, I will not do that any longer as she is ungratefull for anything I do, the kids are however are thankfull

The only time she is nice is when she WANTS something, whether its for dh to pay for book orders, cables, extra activities, then she calls ME not my dh. Or she pretends on emails to be the kids and says what she wants and signs the kids names. What does she think we are stupid hahaha NOT

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**