Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:58:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

She’s baaaaaack. Well almost.

Started by forthekids24, Jan 05, 2005, 04:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forthekids24

According to the kids, the PBFH told them over her New Years visitation that she is moving back next month.

YSD said she had to pack up her room and put things in storage because the new house she in moving to is smaller.

Her husband is divorcing her, and she can't find a job.  PBFH told the kids that it would just go back to how it was before she moved almost 1 ½ years ago.

She hasn't told DH and actually told the kids NOT to tell him!

DH and I decided that we are going to do nothing.  She is waiting for him to call her and work out a new parenting plan just like he did when she decided to move away from here.  DH had to drive the whole thing, kept sending proposals etc.... we are just going to let her take the lead on this one.

We have so much on our side.  The kids grades went up as soon as she left, they have not missed a day of school due to illness... they are MUCH happier.  Not to mention PBFH has an older daughter (14) with a drinking problem.  PBFH gave OSD her older daughters old cell phone and we found A LOT of very disturbing text messages.

OSD is in turmoil.  She can't believe what her BM is doing, can't believe that BM instructed her to keep this from DH and I.  Thankfully I have a GREAT relationship with OSD... she knows that I will always look out for her... no matter what DH or the PBFH want!   OSD is almost 13, a tough age already, and now this.  The uncertainty of what is going to happen is stressing her out.  All I could do was reassure her that things would stay as they are until her mom decided to pick up the phone, call her dad and work out a new schedule.

DH has had primary custody of the kids since OSD was 2.  PFBH left him and the kids.  

I do have one question though, will the PBFH moving back be a enough of a change in circumstances to go back to court.
We don't want to keep the kids from her, but they were never able to get homework done and were always missing school when she did have mid week visits.

I guess I am in the same boat as OSD, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Sigh :(

wendl

I would just wait to see what happens, if she wants anything changed, she will need to file the motion for increased parenting time. Seems you can show how much improved school work is when she doesn't see kids mid week.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**