Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Where is it written this is child abuse?  (Read 1807 times)


  • Guest
Where is it written this is child abuse?
« on: Jan 10, 2005, 07:46:21 AM »
Hey everyone,

My ex husband just got married to a woman he'd only been dating for a month. Over the last couple of months since they married, my ex and his new wife have been giving details of their sex life to my 13 year old son.

This weekend my ex-husband actually showed him some of their sex toys and I've had enough. The way I'd like to approach this is to send them a certified letter with a law or statute or something official that defines this behavior as official child abuse and send it to them requesting they stop. Does anyone know where I can get this information? Thanks!


  • Guest
I've found a Wisconsin Statute but...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2005, 10:54:45 AM »
it says,

948.055 Causing a child to view or listen to sexual acivity.

(1)Whoever intentionally causes a child who has not attained 18 years of age to view or listen to sexually explicit conduct may be penalized as provided in sub. (2) if the viewing or listening is for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying the actor or humiliating or degrading the child.

I don't think my ex husband's intent has anything to do with gratifying anything.. I think he's just bragging. I'm not sure I can nail him with this statute. What do you think?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 301
  • Karma: -8
    • View Profile
Why don't you just....
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2005, 01:23:16 PM »
take your son to a counselor?  They're mandatory reporters.  Go in and have the statute in hand and have son explain what happens at fathers house.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.