Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hang in There

Started by Wishing, May 07, 2004, 05:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishing

To any Father who is having a hard time keeping their spirits up and their faith strong - take note.

It has taken 2 years of continuous battles - enduring lies and every obstacle possible in preventing me from having more time with my sons - but a change is a coming.

I was sadly left with the obligatory every other weekend and Wednesday night dinner as a result of my ex's actions. I was allowed to assist my older son with homework two nights a week back in October only because he was failing in school and Mom wanted the blame to be shared. With my time and love (I am no rocket scientist by any means), my son's grades improved dramatically - going from all Ds and Fs to all As and Bs with 1-C. His self-esteem has grown and everyone can see it.

Now the Family Mediator, with strong support coming from my son's ADD counselor, is going to give my sons 4 more overnights a month. We're going from 6 to 10. Both of my sons are ecstatic despite my ex's extreme objections. I am now confident that it will be only a short time until our sons have access to both parents - as I personally believe it should be unless there is cause otherwise.

So if any Dad out there is hurting, and I do know what that pain is, hang in there. Keep doing the best for your child(ren) knowing that they are the ones who need it. Prayer doesn't hurt either but that is just my personal opinion and I mean not to push that on anyone.

Keep the faith - Keep doing what you can - Never give up. :D

tjraid18

Wishing;

Good post, I'm glad I read it. Thanks for the encouragement!

mandi

Great post!!!!!!!!

*~Mandi~*