Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Foundations Ignoring Second Families

Started by MyAngels4, Feb 12, 2005, 07:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyAngels4

A major wish granting foundation that grants wishes to special children has a policy that they don't include step-siblings in the Wish child's special wish (i.e. Disney world) . I doesn't matter if the wish child has spent most of their life with them, on a shared parenting / 50-50 arrangement (i.e. every other week). If they were an intact family (i.e. no divorce) the whole family including all siblings would be able to go to enjoy the Wish child's special wish. They will even split the Wish child's week in half with both parents, so that each parent gets to spend time with the Wish child during their special wish. This policy isn't taking into consideration family situations of the 21st century. I can understand them not including step-parents, but if they would pay for themselves, what's the harm? But what about the Wish child and getting to have their WHOLE family during this special time?

joni

Which organization is this?  How do you know this to be true?  Is it on their web site, did it happen to you or did you hear it through the grapevine?

The reason I"m asking is that I just because affiliated with an organization, //www.bonusfamilies.com.  I brought your post to their attention.  They were not aware of this but as the mission of their organization is to promote blended families, they are very interested in pursuing this policy with the charity.

Any details you can provide will be passed along to them for their follow up.

MyAngels4

backwardsbike

What a cold and misguided policy.  Are these people from the dark ages?  I wouldn't contribute to them in a million years!