Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Losing my mind...HELP!!

Started by Sunshine1, Apr 07, 2005, 02:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

I have recently been in a court proceeding with my children's BF.  It is a nightmare!!  The SM is clinically depressed as well as bi polar and has attempted to her life SEVERAL times and is now on to threatening mine (BM) and our children.  

Long story short the GAL AGREED she had a long mental health history, she AGREED that she threatened our lives, she AGREED that the incidents that I described occured, but DIDNOT see anything wrong with her having children in her care!

They lied through their teeth right down to changing the parenting schedule that we had and fabricating it to what they really wanted and said that was how it had been for X amount of years.

It is unbelievable!!!  Now since the GAL report is in and in their favor, of course they think this is all over and I am supposed to hand over the children.  Now I am all for them seeing their BF, never blocked, never alienated, never nothing, always supported their relationship with their dad, I just don't trust the SM.

I have been through this before with my DH EXW, but I must have amnesia because for the life of me I can't remember what comes next, do I file a motion?  I have some stipulations I would like added to the order if they are to go back there, but he won't agree to anything.

I am at my wits end trying to compromise and be the bigger person.  I have prayed my brains out trying to find the right path, but my gut keeps saying, get some rules in place, get some rules in place, so they are protected while at their BF's house.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to combat 2 liars and a GAL that bought their story hook, line, and sinker?

Any and all suggestions welcome!

nosonew

Perhaps you could ask for psych evals of all parties prior to determining how to proceed. This is very expensive, and since the GAL has determined visitation with her present is okay, you could be stuck with the entire bill, your side and theirs.

I do have one question. How would you know anything about her mental health issues? Was she a friend of yours previously that gave you that information herself?

Sunshine1

Well after SM called our house the 10billionth time, BF called our house and told us what was going on.  He himself has not known this woman very long, after 3 months moved in with her and married her and had a baby all in a year.

Prior to her outburst and death threats, she called us regularly and I just chose to ignore it but after threatening our children, I had had it.  BF had told us he had been living with friends and on the threatening night he told us about her mental health issues.  She openly admitted it during the evaluation and there were interviews with her psychiatrist.  It was backed up by the GAL.

I have had several people read this evaluation and everyone's jaw drops to the floor after all the things she finds disturbing, but yet, feels she is a wonderfuol person and death threats although serious, thinks she would not actually follow through with them.

HEL-LOOOO, she was resusitated after attempting her life, does she actually have to do it for anyone to listen to me???

BTW, BF has chosen to stick by her, and deal with it, my guess it is for his baby's sake.

HELP!!

dsm

My guess would be to file an appeal to the decision and call out the specifics in the report that you feel show the issue of mistrust is valid.

Have you asked Socrateaser about this?  He would be my first person to ask.....

Good luck!
==============================================================================

dsm - 34
DH - 38
SD - 15
LO - 9
BB - 23 months
------------------
2 Cheap Entertainment cats - Snoop & Dagger - 5 years and counting.....
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is