Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Miracles never cease............

Started by Kitty C., May 03, 2005, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

SS was with us last weekend, but DS and I were gone when she picked him up.  So DH told me when we got back that she was probably going to need a place for SS next Sunday (yes, it's mother's Day, but she works EVERY Sunday, too).  So right in front of DH, she asked SS who he'd rather spend the day with, SF or DH.   Of course, he said DH!  Then DH asked her if she wanted to drop SS off on Sat. night or on her way to work Sun. morn. (she has to be at work by 6 am.), so she asked SS again what he wanted to do!  Of course, he said Sat. night!

DH told me that he felt he should be ultra-sensitive to this situation on Sunday, not only because it's Mother's Day, but also because of SF leaving, which could be any day.  But I told him that her just asking SS what he wanted implied that she didn't care.  DH was concerned that SS should be with her first thing in the morning, but when I told him that SS would have to get up at 5 am. (and you know how owlly tweenies and teens can be, LOL!) and it was HER suggestion in the first place, he let it go.

Never did I ever imagine that SS would be able to spend even a fraction of any Mother's Day with us. And technically, she won't see him any less than she would if he were at her house, since she wouldn't get him up in the morning and would see him right after work anyway.

So now I feel really torn......part of me feels sorry for her in what she's going thru (another divorce), but the other part is just grinning from ear to ear, because I saw all this coming a LONG time ago, and it's all coming true.  She's told DH that she just doesn't understand why SF says he's not happy and DH told me that she probably will never figure it out, as nothing is ever her fault, she never has a part in it, she's just an 'innocent' victim here.

So why she deals with all this crappola, we'll take care of SS as often as she gives him to us.  I just never expected Mother's Day to be one of them.  As much as she's a product of her own stupidity and has no clue, I'd like to help SS get or make something to give to her when she picks him up.  And enjoy the heck out of having SS with us......we're taking my mom out to dinner and we'll ALL be together......I'll enjoy it while it lasts, cuz it may be the only one I ever get!

Thanks for letting me blow!  ;-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......