Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Desperate help Needed for Stepparent adoption

Started by spring978, May 03, 2005, 05:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spring978

I am trying to find the paper work to do a Stepparent adoption in Oregon.

The noncustodial parent has agreed to this I however cant seem to find any of the paper work online. Can someone Please help?

We hope to complete this over the summer so both children can return to their new schools in the fall with the security of 2 active parents.
All information on this topic would be greatly appreciated Thank You

Sunshine1

//www.step-parent.adoption.com

//www.lawlibrary.state.mt.us/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-8657

//www.adoptioninformation.com/directory/stepparents.htm

//www.amazon.com

(search words "stepparent adoption" )

and if you are looking at the main screen on the second families board look to your top right hand corner and click on "Legal Forms"

In the search engine type in "steppparent adoption"

There are petitions and forms there.

Good Luck, hope this helps a little.

Nextmother

My husband and I both adopted each other's children with the consent of the other bio parent. It was as simple as going down to the local court house and telling them that you need the paperwork for a step parent adoption.

That was what we did. They handed us a packet of papers and asked if any of the kids were 12 or older, my daughter was, so we had to have another paper for her. We took everything to a notary, signed it, had it notorized and filed it at the court house and within 4 months, the adoptions were final.

It doesn't have to be a hard thing to do. Check out your court house and go from there.

Good luck!

Next