Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:08:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child placement...

Started by Sunshine1, Jul 05, 2005, 07:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

Has anyone or has anyone known someone that has had a niece, nephew, or a cousin placed with them through social services?

We are curently in the loop with grandparents to have a child placed with us permanently due to the parents not abiding by court orders or they just plain can't raise the child and drugs are a factor as well.
I was just looking for some tips on how to better my home and get it ready for an inspection...

Anyone have some ideas?  I'll take it!!

Thanks!!  :)

wendl

I know a girl whom I turned into cps along with her family numerous times, finally they were placed in the care of her aunt.

Warm inviting home, food in the fridge, ample room for the kids, age approperaite toys.

Smoke alarms, and the normal everyday things.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

skye

* be livescanned (fingerprinted) and child abuse index cleared by the Department of Social Services. This is done at the expense of the agency and takes approximately 7 days for clearance. Anyone living in the home who is 18 years of age or older must also be fingerprinted and cleared.

*  be CPR and First Aid certified. Water safety certification is required for those who have a pool and/or spa.

* have adequate space in their home or apartment. Only 2 children can be in one room. A child 5 years of age or older can only share a room with another child of the same sex.

* If you have cats or dogs in the home, a copy of their rabies vaccinations is required.

house should be child proofed.... medications up and not easy to get to ...railings on stairways...fire extinguisher and fire alarms ...first aid kit with a flash light...all cleaning supplies and alike poinsons locked up

janM

These posters had some good pointers.

You should also check out //www.kinsupport.org or //www.grandsplace.com. There are mostly grandparents there who are raising their grandkids but there are some aunts there too. Both are sites for relatives raising children and they have some links to others too. Great site for info and moral support. Many of them are dealing with drug-using "bios" as well.

Kudos to you!