Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contempt

Started by Ref, Aug 04, 2005, 10:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Hey folks!

Well, here is the deal. I have prepared all the paperwork fo rthe contempt hearing. All that needs to be done is for DH to read over, make his changes and send it to his attorney. DH has been sitting on this for a month now, as more contemptable actions have been occuring by PB. I have been updating the contempt papers every week or so because she always pulls something new.

Here are the things I have listed for the contempt:
1. BM does not contact DH regarding major decisions as stated in the parenting plan. (What High School SD goes to, counseling, friend of SD put away for suicidal tendencies due to SD finding out his plans, after school activities etc..)

2. BM refused to communicate at all with DH. (we have a voicemail stating that she doesn't have to communicate with DH at all. She also refused delivery of several letters and several emails)

3. BM contacted SD several times a 24 hour period several times this summer. Parenting agreement allows for 1 call a day.

4. BM used the toll free number that we set up for SD and explicitly told BM last year not to use, in order to contact SD several times this summer. PA says each parent is responsible for the long distance charges when contacting SD.

5. SD was absent from school 15 times and tardy 17 times last year(per report card). BM never contated DH to tell that SD was ill at all this year. PA says that if a child is ill enough to miss school or go to Dr, then BM must contact DH.

6.  SD went on a field tip for 5 days without BM telling DH where she was. DH knew from conversation with SD, but PA says that BM must tell DH if SD is out of the home for over 24 hours.

7. BM was sanctioned $300 for failing to show up at a deposition over a year ago and has not paid DH back. She put in writing that she will not pay him for that.

8. PA states that unaccompanied minor fees need to be split between BM and DH. DH pays upfront and asked her to reimburse. She refuses in writing.

There are several more issues but that is all I have time for right now. The main issue is that BM refuses to include DH in SD's life. She will not communicate with him at all and make it so that SD has to pass messages includeing about visitation and money. This is stressful for SD and DH just wants to be able to have direct contact with BM about SD.

He was thinking of asking the court to order reimbursement for the letters returned, the unaccompnaied minor fees and put a deadline on the saction. He was also thinking about asking that BM take a parenting class. He also was thinking about asking the court to require that BM email him every week by a set time information regading SD including Dr.'s appointments, progress reports etc..

What do you think?

Also, did any of you SMs go to a hearing with your DH? Any advice if I should decide to go?

Thanks guys!

dontunderstand

Sounds all too familiar!  My SD missed 60 days and was tardy 40 times.  BM lets SD and dad get close and then does something/s to make sure that SD thinks dad is horrible (ie. she told SD that dad was going to LOSE her while they were on vacation...)  Anyway...I have gone with DH to all hearings.  I figure he shouldn't get fed to the wolves by himself.  I guess it is just emotional support!
Oh and I would ask for her to reimburse him for EVERYTHING!  The worst that can happen is the court say no.

MixedBag

dontunderstand

What is a PM?  How do you find the page that tells what the abbrev. are?

MixedBag

PM = Private Message

When you click on the user's name, you'll get to a new screen where you can send them a Private Message or maybe even an e-mail.

As for the acronyms....there's a list on this site somewhere...

Let me go look and see if I can clip and paste link.  Not real good at that....

Page Location: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/acronyms.htm

I searched for "acronyms" and found that.

Sunshine1

I go to all hearings with DH, mainly because I do most of the leg work for him and if I miss something then, I can't really add the evidence in if I don't know what it is.

You ask for the moon in reimbursement and in the end you may get Cleveland...not bad but at least you tried.  Keep track of the running totals you can always try again for the moon, you may get it by the third time.

You might want to suggest that you both be required to use "ourfamilywizard.com"  this program would keep track of all of your SD's weekly activities, Dr. appts and all her vital information, without ever coming in contact with BM on the phone.  

It is very helpful in documenting a stubborn CP and if she is ordered to use it and she doesn't use it you definitley will have her on a more concrete piece of contempt because it logs everything for you..check it out...

//www.ourfamilywizard.com

Hope this helps! :)

dontunderstand

Thank you for all of your help!  I am not too good at this computer thing.  1 more question...please.  If you get a PM how do you retrieve it?

MixedBag

When you log in, there will be a message toward the top of the screen that says "you have a new message."

Heck, I'll send you one just so you can practice....

Let me know here if you didn't get it ....

Forthelittleones

//www.sharekids.com

this is a great site... same benefits as the one above with tracking.  It is 300 for a lifetime membership or 9.99 a month, 99 a year.

DH's ex is court ordered to use it and she hates that it trackes everything for us!