Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:09:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just checking in

Started by DMcD, Aug 05, 2005, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcD

My degree was posted today. I am officially a college graduate. I start law school orientation next week and start classes the following week. I'm very nervous but can't tell you how excited I am to have gotten this far.

DH is still in Baghdad. He probably won't be home until the end of the year, which is a huge disappointment. We were hoping he would be home by the end of this summer. It looks like that won't happen. I'm hanging in there and taking things day by day.

All my skids had to go to summer school this year. They are running wild and PBFH doesn't seem to know where they are most of the time. Frankly, she can deal with all that BS.

Anyway, I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd just check in and say hello. Hope everyone is doing well and keeping their heads high and their eyes on the prize. I'll try to keep you all updated on my progress in school. Love ya!

SadStepMom

Congrats on the degree!  I am sure you will do awesome in law school.

My thoughts are with you and hour DH.

Troubledmom

Go Mac!! Go Mac!! GO!!!!

Awesome job!!!!

TM

DMcD

nosonew

That's fantastic! You go girl! I am sooo proud of you! You must be grinning ear to ear!

Sorry about the skids, but you knew this would happen... NOT YOUR problem!

Hugs, Noso

DMcD

I am grinning like you wouldn't believe. I was really stressed about what law school was all about, but after a couple days of orientation, it seems a little more managable than I had thought. Soooo.... one more day of orientation and then it is off to the big time.

It's so great to have friends like all of you to cheer me up, support me and cheer me on. I'll keep in touch.

flewwellin

Sorry to ask but I am fairly new to this site and don't recognize your name/alias.  What type of lawyer are you going to be?  May not have even asked that properly.  I guess being a member of this site the common thought would be Family law and all that includes, but I am truly curious.  I spent a few years floating around in college and figured why am I still in college I have no idea what I want to do and don't really have the money to play around while I'm trying to figure it out.  To make a long story short I am in a wonderful marriage with a man who is a NCP of two beautiful children and we have one on the way (I'm due November 1st).  Since all that has happened and how much I see my husband and other men get royally screwed I have constantly thought about going back to college and trying for a degree in law specifically family law.  More reasons behind this but don't think anyone's interested in them.  If you could give me any advice or pointers I'd appreciate it tremendously if you could email me at  [email protected]

Thanks so much!  AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEGREE!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING SO TREMENDOUS AS THAT!

nosonew

Oh girl... I can't imagine the stress! I will pray your dh remains safe... I wish they would all just come home myself! Huge hugs... and keep it up! YOu do have great friends here... :-)