Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 03:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick Health Insurance Question

Started by Ref, Dec 22, 2005, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

The last itinerary we sent was sent confirmed delivery. I guess the postal worker goes to the door and hands them the letter. If they are not home, they leave a tag on the door for them to sign and they will leave it in the mailbox.

BM refused to take the letter from the postal worker and refused to sign for it.

DH needs to reimbuse her for some dr's bills. We can't afford to pay all at once so, I was thinking that he could send what he can with the next couple of communications so that when the cancelled checks arrive, that can be used as proof of delivery. What do you think? Any advice?

Thanks for your help over the years!
Ref

MixedBag

That's signature confirmation, NOT confirmed delivery.

Difference...

Confirmed delivery is totally passive to the other end.

Costs nothing (when done on the internet at the USPS.com website).

And you print off the label from home (might go up on Friday, but it costs $3.85.)

And you track it on the internet where you can print off a detailed delivery report and it says exactly what time it was left in the box of the recipient.

If you do it at the post office, you'll be using the BRIGHT green stickers, not the pink ones.

I've also done the "cancelled check" method of proving that the EX received the letters.....and this was a while ago considering the divorce has been in 1996.  He still sat in court and denied knowledge of whatever he got told in the letters even though I know I told him because he cashed the check attached to the letters.  

See, he's not interested in knowing or being told anything I have to say to him with regarding to our son or whatever the subject might be.  Totally different problem......one that only he can solve.  Not me.

One way to "get out of" reimbursing the CP -- if they send the letters back and you keep them sealed with the uncashed check inside.  ONE day they'll figure it out....  You did your part, but they didn't do theirs.  Wonder what the judge would think when IN COURT the letter is opened with reimbursement and there's the postal seal on the front and all that proof?

Ref

I couldn't figure out what went wrong until I looked up the information on USPS webpage. It seems that if the mail carrier is comfortable leaving it in the box, they will do that instead of hand deliver. I guess her's wasn't, so she left a redeliver tag. THAT tag requires that she sign for it for redelivery.

Dumb. I thought she would just get it in her box and that would be the end of the story. Maybe I will find out more when I actually get the physical letter back, but that appears to be the case.

Soc told me to write the topic of the letter on the check when it is sent. He thinks that is decent enough evidence.

Thanks for all your help!!
Ref