Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ever feel powerless? Oops, forgot where I was posting, DOH!

Started by 4honor, Apr 04, 2006, 10:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

Got SS's report card. He is failing Algebra and BAND -- yep, I said Band. This is a kid that is doing C or D work in his other classes and carries 3/4 of a load for a freshman in high school.

The sad part is that DH is nearly powerless to change this for SS. SS's recent conviction, the no contact order with DS1 and DS2, BM still in conflict mode, it all adds up to a big fat "L" tattoo on SS's forehead. It is hard to continue to keep SS's best interest in mind under the circumstances. At this point, all I can do is pray SS makes it to adulthood safely and sanely.

[Lately, I am not much help to DH. The almost constant migraines make it impossible for me to finish a job interview without them asking about my headaches -- who wants to hire a person who's productivity drops into the crapper 3 out of 5 days?]

Of course, BM insists that DH just shell out $45 bucks to rent a hotel room in her town and stay there (absorbing all travel costs himself in the process) for his visitation -- that would be the $45 bucks we don't have cause it goes into the gas tank to GET there. And what would DH eat or feed SS with while there? DH responds that it isn't financially feasible to do that, and BM tries to turn it around about "everything being about money" with DH. He has given up trying to get her to understand that Elliott is not his only concern financially... that he has 3 other people he supports and money is a physical thing. It cannot be in two places at once.

I have started a website to sell the jewelry and accessories I make (good stuff, very good quality, fashionable - email me for the website address if you are interested). I give 2% of profits to charity -- and SPARC is on the list of intended charities. But I am designing the site. I have been learning this the hard way - trial and error. I have kept costs down (spent less than $100 so far) to get it up and running. Who knew those BASIC programming classes I took in college in the early 80's would be of any use?

Oh, I was venting. Sorry, the migraines seem to minimize my attention. I think I am done now.

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

lucky

I'd love to check your site out, but your profile is disabled.  Feel free to PM me with the site if you would.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

dsm

==============================================================================

dsm - 35; DH - 39; SD - 16; LO - 10; BB - 2
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

dipper

I think sometimes certain women are so used to having everything done for them, they honestly dont know the value of a dollar.  As they are not the ones putting out the money, it is a nonissue for them.

wendl

The stuff 4 is making is beautiful. She really puts a lot of hard work into them and you can tell.

:)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**