Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PBFH is at it again

Started by forthekids24, Mar 24, 2006, 12:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forthekids24

I swear this woman (or whatever she is) is at it again.

She moves back a year ago, takes us to court because she wan'ts 50/50.  We finally agree to settle in Dec and give in to the 50/50 since that is what the kids say they want.  (SD's are 13 and 11)

We still have no agreement, we are just waiting for her to ask when it will go in to effect.  How important was this to her?  She has basically surrendered her new time for the past 3 months!

Now we find out her oldest (not DH's) who is 15 has moved out of her moms house, in with friends and is not going to school.

I think we are going to withdraw the offer.

Anyone have any insight on how we can use that fact that the 15 year old left to our benefit?

PBFH is also about to get slapped with a $75K Civil judgement against her for one of her dogs attacking a child last year.  She did her usual ignore it and maybe it will go away routine.

I need suggestions, what should we do?

Thanks!
FTK

wendl

Does she still have that dog???

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MixedBag

I gather you guys have been DOING the 50/50 routine?

How are the two kids doing with it?

If the answer is good....then hmmm...

If the answer is not so good and there is no new order supporting the agreement, then I'd go back to the old routine or back off 50/50 -- maybe 60/40, then 75/25 sorta thing.  

When she balks at the change back or to less time, express your concern that her 15 year old moved out.   I think you have a very valid concern when a minor that you two have nothing to do with moves out or is allowed to move out and live somewhere else.  I agree that it means something ain't right in that house and I wouldn't want my son exposed to that either.

forthekids24

Thanks for All the feedback Mixed.

Part of our offer was that the new schedule would not go in to effect until the order was signed by both parties.  (BM has a habit of agreeing to changes and then not singing the updated orders.)

So no, 50/50 has not been happening, it is still 60 (us) / 40 (her).  The judge pushed DH really hard for him to agree to the 60/40 back in August.

The kids have been doing okay with it, but they are struggling in school after her one night/ week during school.

The kids are concerned about their sister, they have not talked to her in more than 3 months, and they told me that BM has not talked to their sister or even about thier sister either.

Something fishy is going on.

BM is unemployed, living off of a rich married mans financial generosity, and about to get hit with a MAJOR civil judgement.

I guess we will just wait and see what happens, and definately NOT let the 50/50 happen after all.

Thanks again!
FTK

forthekids24

I don't think so.

She had 5 dogs at the time, and only brought 2 with her when she moved back to the area.  (She left the other dogs and all the other animals to die at her old house).   Some good citizen (me) called animal control in her old county and GLADLY gave them her new contact inforamtion, I often wonder if any charges were filed against her for animal neglect.

I have asked the kids about the dog bite incident and they didn't know anything about it, which makes sense.  From the court papers I saw it happened when they were home and not with her.

Thanks
FTK

msme

sadly, it sounds like a good possibility. It seems to me that if she is hit with a big judgement, the first thing a person like her will probably do, is to file for an increase in cs, if she gets any.

Good Luck & God bless!
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!