Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:40:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I am in demand - First radio and now TV!

Started by 4honor, May 31, 2006, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

I received this email:

4honor;

There is some interest in a TV broadcast about PAS. Would you be willing to go public with your story about the ravages of PAS and how it affects children both in childhood and adulthood? Your story is bittersweet in that you have now reunited with your Dad, but have missed many years together.

We hope people such as yourself, who went through PAS, might be able to shed some light on the experience, in the hopes that no child should have to be subject to alienation from a parent. Stories like yours may prevent another child from experiencing what you went through.

Thank you for your consideration.

Robin Denison
[email protected]
//www.parental-alienation-awareness.com

So? What do you think I should do?
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

Sunshine1

You should do it!  This thing keeps falling in your lap, that must mean that the powers that be want you to get the story out and help other people.

My vote is a yes, you should do it!

dsm

I realize, though, that this is extremely personal and I would probably have a hard time talking about stuff too.

But, to get the exposure out there and be able to say that yes this PAS stuff is for real......there's so many who scoff at it and poo-poo it to death.

How exciting!
==============================================================================

dsm - 35; DH - 39; SD - 16; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

Kitty C.

Yes, it would be very difficult to expose yourself and your feelings, but you also have to look at the upside......think about how many children's lives you could make a difference in and how many parents you could proverbially 'knock some sense into'!  Only you can know, but you have to weigh the two against each other and you will have your answer.  And I wish you the best of luck!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

4honor

I am worried that the story will be poorly portrayed and do more harm than good in the long run.

Rodale Inc is the ones doing this -- I looked them up online and found they do alot in magazines etc -- lots on health. Very reputable, but any subject is easy to slant.

I think I am supposed to do this. We'll see.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

4honor

I was contacted by Ms. brookfield of Best Health Magazine. I sent her mystory via email after deciding to go forward. She called and asked permission to forward my information to the TV program producer (A man by the name of Tom Goldstone doing this piece for CNN).

He will decide from this point forward whether to use my story (trying to make this cohesive apparently).  We will see.

... off I go to research Tom Goldstone on Google.com

I'm Back and am really nervous. Seems Mr. Goldstone is THE producer for Paula Zahn. I think i'll go have an anxiety attack. Don't mind me. Talk amongst yourselves.