Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Never gonna believe this.....

Started by Sunshine1, Jul 21, 2006, 04:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

Yesterday my BIL and ex SIL had court yesterday to challenge or I guess it was contempt on the grandparents that have custody of their daughter.  BIL has regualr visitation, with daughter, ex SIL used to have supervised, now she gets nothing because Grandma is a control freak.

We used to have short term placement of her and wanted custody but Grandma has a county job and won..imagine that.

Anyway BIL is happy with his visitations, SIL is NOT for obvious reasons.

Fast forward...

At court, they were sent out 3 times by the judge to come to an agreement, apparently it was a screaming match in the court room (would have gave a kidney to see that one)!!  :)  Any way without me even being present in the court house, I was appointed as a supervising agent for the ex SIL and a mediator between all the parties.  I got the call AFTER court that I was the ONLY person that all the parties could agree on until a GAL was appointed from a different county....(because Grandma abuses her county job authority) this could take like 4 months or so, they are in no hurry I was told.

I had to do a visitation immediately yesterday for 2 hours and I have to do 3 in Aug. and 3 in Sept etc... I have to write a report each visit as well.

I got the job I was looking to get someday, without even being present at the hearing!???

This is good for all parties involved.  We all get to see her and I get to be the sound board for everyone.

Anything else??  LOL!!

We are taking off for vacation this week with all of our boys to the mountains!  We are so excited we can barely stand it!! Had to share the update!

hisliltulip

That's great sunshine, weird, but great.

Kinda surprised the judge agreed to a family member doing it.

dipper

Great news Sunshine - on the job and the vacation!!!   I hope this job goes well for you....family can be the worst people to deal with...LOL....