Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oh, am I overwhelmed!

Started by 4honor, Oct 01, 2006, 01:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

Dh took a job out of state (contract work) for a good amount of money (enough to keep 2 households afloat) and I am suddenly finding myself a "single" parent with 2 energetic boys on my hands. There is no problem in the marriage, just a man out of work for 3.5 months and a STRONG work ethic which set him up to JUMP at the chance to work for  better than a living wage for once.

I am so overwhelmed that the only thing I can think of is that now I have to take the laundry back over. I know there is SOOOOOO much more to deal with, but I am not there yet.  DH leaves tomorrow morning at 3 AM.

DH has been dealing with packing and trying to get the OK for SS to fly down to him (It's a straight shot) and SS is in trouble with his treatment counselor AGAIN.

We have been going over finances and how we are going to keep it all together. SOOOOOOO much to think about.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

dipper

4honor, I am glad your dh found a good job.  Too bad its going to be away from you and the boys.  how long will he be gone?

You have some big adjustments to make.....

4honor

The contract is two years.

He will be in San Francisco and we are in WA. He is going to work at the SF Chronicle - as "maintenance and engineering".

We should have the money to fly DH back and forth once a month and/or SS once a month to go to DH. It is a straight flight and takes more time to get through security than it does to fly.

ANY of you out there having to keep it together while a spouse works "out of town"?

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

dipper

4honor, two years with seeing each other once a month is alot to comprehend.  You are essentially in the single mom role now....not impossible, I did it for eight years.  

Best wishes....