Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stress reduction advice

Started by Ref, Oct 03, 2006, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

I'm getting pretty stressed right now. 15 yo SD isn't talking to DH and Dh has a CS mod (reduction) and BM's counter visitation mod/contempt court case at the end of this month.

We are well prepared for the court hearing. From the looks of it, DH will get a reduction in CS, no reduction in visitation and the contempts should be blown-off.

I am getting a good amount of exercise and trying to get sleep even though i suffer from insomnia, but I still feel my shoulders at my ears and I am preoccupied with all of this.

Any advice from the experts (you guys)?

Thanks
Ref

notnew

Just kidding! But I KNOW how you feel.

I remember as a kid my mom would tell me when I was angry to punch my pillow. Well, that NEVER made me feel any better.

Do something for yourself. Something you are interested in, an event you'd like to attend. Renissance Festival, concert, walk in the park, day with the dog, shopping, whatever is away from the stressors (even the people who are part of the stressors).

Then you may be able to relax and let some of it go so you will be refreshed when you get back.

15 yo is a difficult age to parent over no matter how optimum the circumstances. Remember, this too will pass.

Breath and count to 1000!

4honor

2 coolers and a valium do the trick to de-stress any one particular day, but the stress is still there when the next morning comes.

Find ways to hand off some of the load. Vent here, get the kids to take over more chores until court is over, and get together with a friend in the area to make a whole bunch of meals together to freeze for later that week.(Cook on Saturday for the entire week for microwaving later by SOMEONE ELSE for dinner.)

Pick up that hobby you put aside and doe something creative and fun -- it will give you some balance in these stressful times. Take your vitamins and wash your hands almost compulsively (high stress = lower resistance). Hire a sitter for the younger kids and walk through the park alone with your DH -- rain or shine -- and just remember what it was like when you were courting.

Buy a set of Rock'em Sock em robots and play it with the kids until THEY get tired of it. See if you can get the head to come all the way off. OR go bowling (I have a much higher score when I am pissed at BM.)

Build something that requires a hammer and pounding (break old plates to make mosaic stepping stones OR build a dog house)

Buy a dart board and find a picture of BM to throw darts at -- put it up in the laundry room or other place the kids are not likely to see it. Draw a mustache on the picture and throw at various facial features until you start to giggle uncontrollably about the absurdity of the situation.

Eat chocolate cake and add chocolate syrup too. Indulge a whim (so long as it is legal).

Live, Laugh, Love!
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.