Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bad grades, worse ex

Started by Ref, Oct 04, 2006, 12:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

How bout this one.

SD is not talking to DH. It has been almost a month since she spoke with him. First gripe is that he looked on her myspace and found that she was smoking weed and drinking. Second gripe is that his paperwork was in at the school for emergency pick-up but her mom's wasn't. Now she is mad because Dh has to get his CS reduced because he lost his job.

BM isn't talking to him because he is the jerk that put in all the papers into the school that a parent shouldn't and she didn't and she looks bad to the school now. She is also mad because court is in 26 days.

DH received 2 emails from 2 separate teachers at SD's school saying that she is bombing her classes. She isn't doing her homework and she is cheating and talking in class.

DH sent emails back to teachers telling them it saddens him that this is happening  and wishes he could do something but he can not help his daughter becuase of contensious relationship with BM. He asked that they contact BM directly to let her know what is going on.

How would you recommend DH brings this issue up with BM? She obviously flips out when DH shows active participation or even interest in SD.

You guys are the bestist!

Ref

Sunshine1

Conferences were this week for my SS's.  DH and I both usually attend, but his time around, boys had a football game, and DH would NEVER miss that.  So I welcomed going soemwhere "all by myself".

I am quite familiar with the school, and all of the teachers in and out of school.  Anyway.....

Went to oldest first, everything went well adn at the end I asked if she had a conference scheduled for BM at all.  She said no, and that the distance was probably the issue.  HUH??? She is 45 minutes away!  The teacher thought she lived alot farther away than that and in fact SS rarely speaks of her.  When he refers to his mom he is speaking of me at all times.  Not that this is shocking, he does call me mom, but not to speak of her at all and not even bother emailing the teacher...nothing???  Very strange behavior.

So I go on to younger SS's.  I know this teacher extremely well, and again I asked her at the end if she had a conference scheduled for BM or if she had a chance to meet her yet?  Blank stare like she thought he was my kid.  Again younger SS doesn't speak of her either and if he refers to his mom he is talking about me.  No contact with teacher whatsoever.

Isn't this strange behavior?  Last year she went storming into the school dropped our RO papers on only older SS's teacher's desk and explained I was a threat to society and then she was never heard from again.  This year she hasn't even sent an introduction....I don't get it.  

What does this mean you reackon?  

dipper

Ref,

He could say nothing as he has already explained to the teacher that he has no control over this situation.  He could just talk to sd about it....

If he discusses it with bm, i would do it letter style saying that I am concerned about sd's failing grades as teacher's have alerted me.  I would state that I informed teacher's to inform bm of situation....And, if there is anything i can do to help, please let me know....That way, no blame is being placed and he is expressing interest in his child....And..bm cant scream at him!

dipper

Maybe for ss' since you are the one that handles the school (and bm doesnt) it's easier to refer to you as mom.  BM seems more intent on ruining you than the children's interests...so, school is not her priority....

Ref

DH just recieved a bill from BM with a doctor's receipt and a pharmacy receipt. She is demading payment in full as soon as possible. He doesn't know what it was for, but his attorney said that he needs to go into court with "clean hands". DH will send the money, but I think I will suggest that it come with a note explaining that he needs to be notified of illness and that he will not pay any bills sent to him without knowing what they are for in the future. He could also send the information about SD's school.

Grades should be out soon and BM will know for sure about SD's issues.

Thanks fo everything

Ref