Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:57:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Update on Court

Started by Ref, Oct 31, 2006, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

First of all, thank all of you for helping me keep somewhat sane through all of this.

To recap, DH lost his job in Oct 05 and was unemployed for 4 months. He filed for a reduction in support to keep from arrearages. BM turned around and sued him for 2 counts of contempt and modification of visitation.

Yesterday was court, one year later. BM lost both counts of contempt, the judge didn't even look at the modification of visitation because there was no substantial chage from the year before.

DH was awarded 4 months of reduced support to be spread throughout the remaining payments. The judge ordered both parents to go through co-parenting classes (that pissed off BM but DH could care less). The judge also ordered all correspondence be done through email so there is a written record of conversation between them. This was done because DH presented the stack of certified letters and testified to her blocking all communication including emails.

That is the story in a nutshell. There were way more fun tidbits to share.
Ok I'll tell you one. BM sued DH trying to get $ for the cost of the ticket for the flight that he didn't send SD back on and make-up time. BM wrote in a letter that she deducted it from the sanction that was imposed on her by their judge last time. She also wrote a letter saying that she was taking Thanksgiving as her make-up time. Apparently she didn't inform her attorney of this because her attorney looked like she was going to kill BM when she was presented with those letters. HEHEHE!

Oh so many stories to tell......

Thanks again everything and SPARC!

Jen

CGS

Were you the one concerned w/ how the judge would annualize your husbands income from his new company? If so can you share the decision on that point?

Ref

That really didn't come up. DH's attorney, at the pre-trial conference said that DH was seeking relief from when he was unemployed, not any time since then. BM's attorney said she wanted to review CS all together. Apparently she forgot to file her motion to increase support, so the judge denied her request.

The only income that was really looked at was from the period of DH's unemployment.

I highly doubt BM will come back and sue for an increase. It will take her quite some time to finish paying of her legal bills for this and there is only 2 years left.

The judge actually shot down the way BM's attorney was trying to calculate DH's income during unemployment. I think DH lucked out and has a smart and fair judge.

Best wishes,
Ref

Sherry1

out to screw over anyone, he was just asking for something that was fair.  BM sounded like she was out to screw him over anyway she could.  The judge obviously saw right through it.