Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:55:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Death in family - notify SS?

Started by 4honor, Nov 13, 2006, 06:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

My grndfather died Saturday night. ( I miss him and we are a lose knit family.) My SS has had a nominal relationship with GGF although all memories for SS are good ones.

Because of SS' actions, he is restrained from attending MY family functions when my other children are there. The question is, should SS be notified?
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

jilly

Ref

dsm

My sympathies to you and your family first!   (((HUGS)))

Second, yes, I think you do tell SS.  He is then allowed to grieve with you, even if he isn't able to physically be there.

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 39; SD - 17; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

4honor

We decided to make it a "notification" kind of thing. We made it low key and told both SS and his mother, in case SS needed help with greiving.

We got down to the small town that G'pa lived in and the church he was a long time elder of refused to allow his memorial service (very frustrating).

We as a family decided to have a small memorial dinner and a service out at the house instead with those who were able to come. A full service will occur at the family reunion in July 2007.

The family split up several of G'pa's personal items. Each one wanted something different -- since it brought up different memories. There was no arguments. It was a good experience overall.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

dsm

Why would they not allow the memorial?  So sorry for that!

Sounds like things were peaceful among the family, though, and that's a good thing.  How did SS take the news?  How 'bout your boys?  How are you dealing?

(((4Honor)))

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 39; SD - 17; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is