Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good News for a change!

Started by 4honor, Feb 03, 2007, 02:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

Many know Dh was laid off in June last year. He has worked off and on for various temp agencies since then and last week he went and joined the national guard (not saying I like the idea, but it is done now.) He also starts a new job (on call position) for one of the companies here at the port Monday the 5th. They have some awesome meidcal benefits ($300 a month for family medical, and $0 for vision and dental). So he has work (at least enough to pay his CS.) He does his Basic Training beginning in September with AIT to follow.

Yesterday I got a job temping  (for 6 months) for a company that self insures and they need help YESTERDAY! In addition to the work from home claims adjusting I do for a couple companies (which I can do in the evenings and on weekends.)

Before, we barely had one job between us and now we have 4! ...now, if we could just find childcare arrangements.

I am waiting for BM to stalk me here and go for more $$. Though I suspect that she would rather just leave things alone and hope I leave SS's probation alone (as a victim, I can mess him up for the next 10 months or so quite easily. The same people that say SS is doing well in treatment also say he is doing well in school. His progress reports keep showing up with 2 D's, 1 F, 2C's and a B-. His only A from a few weeks ago turned into a C trying to pull another F out of the gutter. BUt I digress into the bad news.

I keep thinking "I can pay off the American Express now!"
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

MixedBag

good luck and I hope things get better.

dsm

I'm so glad for you and your family!  Things have a way of settling themselves out.....

National Guard....yikes, but at the same time - exciting, huh?

Good luck!!!!

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 39; SD - 17; LO - 11; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
------------------
I
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

4honor

to get positive strokes from an employer. You work for a few that are less than stellar and you forget that some people just appreciate a good natured competant worker. The enthusiasm over my arrival is nearly overwhelming. I think they were desperate.

DH is doing well in his training for the regular job, but he is stressing over the tests. He hates to take tests and has never been very good at them. I loaned him my digital recorder to record his classes - told him I would beat him if it got broken...then remembered he might like that, so it wasn't much of a threat.

We found competant before and after school care for the kids. So far OK.

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

dsm

Week two is getting ready to start.  Things still going okay?  Everyone staying healthy and kids are adjusted with before/after care?

Prayers continuing for y'all.....

((((HUGS))))

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 39; SD - 17; LO - 11; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
------------------
I
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is