Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:10:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Farewell... maybe

Started by oklahoma, Feb 06, 2007, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahoma

I've been here off and on for the past 5 years or so.  What a roller coaster.  I'm done now.  My husband and I have divorced, so I am no longer the stepmom.  I was never really allowed to develop any kind of relationship with my ex-husband's daughters, so I don't anticipate a whole lot now.  Although, since I've been around, BM has been very generous to ex-wife #2--she sees the girls more than their dad.  I've thought about playing the whole, "You're right, he was such a horrible person" act to get on her good side, and then tell her what I really think about all the crap she's pulled in the past 7 years.  But I guess I am mostly just relieved to be out of that mess.

Now I am the custodial BM.  Kind of weird to be on the "other side," after battling things for so long.  Maybe I will be back to SPARC.  Who knows?

MixedBag

I too am facing STBX#3 which means I am no longer a step-parent.

BUT that doesn't mean my experiences shouldn't be shared with others.

That's what these boards are all about.....sharing, learning, and growing.

No longer have a witch to deal with....

And yes, I thought about jumping on HER bandwagon, but it only showed me how bitter and evil she was still after all these years.  I don't want that for myself and for my children.

I'm for "get out of my life" and moving on.

I still have 3 step-kids who want to be part of my life and they aren't gonna give up their step-mom.  Doesn't even matter that a new future step-mom is in the picture.  She's already shot herself in the foot big time as far as they are concerned....and it has NOTHING to do with defending me.  Took her less than 6 months....and the kids don't like her.  And the kids don't like what their dad did to me and our marriage.

Stick around -- share your experiences when you think you can.

dsm

The beauty of this site and the community of people here is that there is support no matter what stage of the game you find yourself.

Your insight may very well be useful to someone else and most assuredly when you find yourself overwhelmed or needing shoulder....I don't know of too many other places to find genuine caring people than here.

So, stay out here with us!  
==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 39; SD - 17; LO - 11; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
------------------
I
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

Genie

I am also now CP.  In the past when I had an issue, I could post it here and get the "other sides" perspective.  Sometimes it helped my calm down and get better perspective on how to handle a situation I was having with the X.

You don't have to go.  There are many CPs that post on this board.

Kitty C.

When I first came to this site, almost since inception, all I had were questions and frustration dealing with the BS of a certified PBFH.  There's been a LOT of water under the bridge in the 7-8 years since then and now she's just the BM.  But I still find time to come here, chat with old friends, and try to give as much help to others as was given me.

Oklahoma, I know you've been here a long time, but you've gathered a lot of wisdom and knowledge along the way and there will be those who would consider that priceless, given why they would be here in the first place.  Who knows?  You may be the only ray of hope to someone who only sees darkness down that tunnel.  Just think about it, ok?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......