Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What would you do?????

Started by allajody, Feb 15, 2007, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allajody

Dh is to get kids this weekend +3 days as the district they are in take a week off.  He gets a call from his ex saying that the school calendar has changed and he only gets kids till monday.  Yesterday get a whole new schedule of parenting time from ex and a note saying that she has taken them out of school and started teaching them at home...and if they don't test well will have to go to summer school at home also.  
This is from a woman that cannot even complete a sentence correctly let alone spell.  I have great fears for the kids and their education.  Also of her having this much more control over them.  She never asked dh.

Also she addressed the letter to dh and her husbands ex as if they were a couple XXX and xxxxx thank you for understanding this change...blah blah.

I am fighting mad and ready to take her back to court.  I told dh If they are being home schooled we should then get them every other week for the week and we could teach them when we have them pbfh could just send curriculim home with them and then we would get more time... If she wants to play I am ready.....

Please I would love honest opinions dh has been tolerable since last time we went to court and I have been waiting for this crap. Unfortunatly I knew it was tooooo good to be true.

Jade

>Dh is to get kids this weekend +3 days as the district they
>are in take a week off.  He gets a call from his ex saying
>that the school calendar has changed and he only gets kids
>till monday.  Yesterday get a whole new schedule of parenting
>time from ex and a note saying that she has taken them out of
>school and started teaching them at home...and if they don't
>test well will have to go to summer school at home also.  
>This is from a woman that cannot even complete a sentence
>correctly let alone spell.  I have great fears for the kids
>and their education.  Also of her having this much more
>control over them.  She never asked dh.
>
>Also she addressed the letter to dh and her husbands ex as if
>they were a couple XXX and xxxxx thank you for understanding
>this change...blah blah.
>
>I am fighting mad and ready to take her back to court.  I told
>dh If they are being home schooled we should then get them
>every other week for the week and we could teach them when we
>have them pbfh could just send curriculim home with them and
>then we would get more time... If she wants to play I am
>ready.....
>
>Please I would love honest opinions dh has been tolerable
>since last time we went to court and I have been waiting for
>this crap. Unfortunatly I knew it was tooooo good to be true.

From your post, I gather that you are the STEPmother.  You have no legal standing.  The only person who can take the mother to court to contest the homeschooling is the father, who has legal standing.  

Ref

She put his exs name on the letter just to throw you off. Let he say stupid crap like that. Laugh it off. Know that you are the better person and DON'T address it with her. That is what she wants.

As far as homeschooling goes, does your DH have joint decision making when it comes to education?

What does your DH's parenting agreement say about visitation? Does it say specific dates or does it say "according to the school districy" or is it according to school vacations?

Why can't the kids go to summer school at your house? What does your DH parenting agreement say about summer vacation? Does it address summer school?

Good Luck
Ref

allajody

Jade, Alot of people just come on here to vent.  I may have used "I, and me" to often in my post.  I have been riding a roller coaster for over 7 years and my dh for even longer... my saying I am ready to take her back to court is that I am willing to support my dh if he so decides.  Last time we went to court we spent upwards of 8k and as we have a very blended family (Yours, Mine & Ours) my dh often thinks of what else the $ could go for.

Ref, agreement is eo weekend during school year and eow during summer.  dh and his ex have joint Legal custody.  So technically/by law she has to ask him first.  This has never happened.  

Ref

You don't have holidays/school breaks?

I think you should go back to "clarify" the order so that specific time frames are spelled out.

I think you are right. I think taking a kid into homeschooling without asking DH might be a big enough issue, but she is making up her own rules in the summer.

I would ask that if the child doesn't pass this year through homeschooling, that not only do they have to go to summer school at the school district, but she be required to put them back in the school system.

Do you live in the same school district as BM?

Ref

BTW... I try not to word things "my" court case or "my" parenting agreement, but sometimes it happens. Sometimes "my" is shorthand for "my husband's". It's cool.

wysiwyg

I would also arm myself with information from your states DOE regarding Home schooling, you might find that information enough to squash BM's attempts to Home School.

Jade

>I would also arm myself with information from your states DOE
>regarding Home schooling, you might find that information
>enough to squash BM's attempts to Home School.

Or you could ask for more time saying that you can assist in the homeschooling.  It isn't written anywhere that homeschooling has to be in one home.

MixedBag

I too kept my eye on our son's education particularly when Camilla started homeschooling their children and I would get letters with simple math errors.  Scary thought -- but I do hear that their oldest one is doing fine now that she's back in school.  

I also believe from reading posts over the years that when a child is homeschooled, and an order refers to exchanging times based on the school calendar, the district school's calendar still applies for calculating when the child is in and out of school.

I believe I read that for pre-school aged children as well.

The NCP may be able to take this subject back to court to force the CP to enroll the child in regular schooling because this is one of the more important subjects when raising a child.  

Good luck!