Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:22:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical Bills

Started by jilly, Mar 19, 2007, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

DH received two bills in the mail over the weekend from SD's therapists office.  One was for a visit in July 2006!  The other was for a visit in January 2007.  Neither one was for very much money.  I'll be sending those back with nice little notes that DH isn't responsible for the bills.  Be interesting to see how that turns out!  LOL

Sherry1

state.  The letter stated that "DH's" account is in arrears and they are going to garnish, take him to small claims court and/or take legal action to collect.  They also state in the letter that DH has been receiving and cashing the insurance checks and not forwarding them as he had agreed to.

What a crock of sh$$!  Here is a couple of exerpts from the letter that will be faxed and sent certified mail:  "I did not authorize care for my son, I did not assume financial responsibility for the care, and I was not even aware that you had performed dental care on my son until I began receiving insurance EOB notices from Blue Cross Blue Shield."  "It would be my educated guess that the person who authorized care, assumed financial responsibility for the care and carries the secondary insurance for the care received and cashed the insurance checks.  My strong recommendation is that you contact ____________ who's address is ___________ and phone number is _______________ regarding the cashed checks and who has financial responsibility for this invoice." "Your threat of legal action, garnishment and small claims court for care that I did not authorize and assume legal responsibility for is not taken lightly.  Any further correspondence received from your medical office with regard to this invoice or legal action will be promptly forwarded to my attorney for my action."

jilly

I'm mailing the bills back to the doctor's office with a note written on each that he provides the insurance only and is not responsible for
payment of medical bills and that he didn't sign anything authorizing treatment or accepting responsiblity for payment.  I also marked his name out as the guarantor and wrote in the Ex's name.  We'll see what happens now.

Sherry1

of this with YSS.  Like I said, I didn't just get medical bills, we got a very viable threat of court action which in my opinion is pretty serious.  We are waiting to LOL