Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Sunshine1, Mar 26, 2007, 06:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

After roughly 6 years of little to NO support,  BM's arrears have been PAID in FULL!!!  YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

To some of you, this sounds crazy, to me, this is a grand grand day!!

We have had to deal with Poe-dunk, ride your horse to work, in the back 40 Child Support agency.......and now...... it is C-L-O-S-E-D!!!!!

**** DOING THE HAPPY RIVER DANCE****

Ok, the reason I am so dang happy?  Now we can open it in our county!  We tried to change jurisdiction 4-5 years ago because none of us lived in that county and were never going to return so we thought is should be where the kids were.  Well someone pissed in the judge's wheaties that morning because ALL parties agreed, BM, US, CS worker, DA, heck even the judge's aide, and he said life ain't that easy...sorry, DENIED.

We all sat there with blank stares on our faces...his ruling made no sense.   So she wasn't paying anyway, did it really matter where the arrears accumulated?  Not really.  Then she went on Disability...blah blah blah...another story in itself.

So my friends....I will take this small victory and run through the streets!!  LOL!  WhoooooHOOOOOOOOOO

:)

wendl

Thanks great.

Our CS worker and the prosecutor are finally doing their job (after 21K in arrears) Jakes dad was in jail for a few days (whooo he is actually working) they let him out on $700  bail to cs.

I talked to the Prosecutor about work release next time, since the last 3 months he had 3 FTA's and 3  contempt charges, so hopefully they will do the work release next time.

Just makes me mad, my dh got a little behind and they rode his butt, he pays his support just got a little behind when we movd out of state (life happens) but you don't get a total of $35k in arrears IF you are attempting to pay (my ex has 3 kids 3 different moms)

My ex makes the dads that pay or attempt to pay look like crap as they real dads are getting stereotype cuz of the rotten apples.

I am happy for you, I would be scared to move my case to my little town. hehe.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

janM

Hey, Wendl, long time!!

Heck, my son would be in heaven if his exgf paid her 11 grand in arrears. She spent a month in jail last summer, worked for a few months and then stopped again. They promised they would keep on her butt, but....supposedly they will take action soon. Believe that when I see it.

I wonder if he took the case to the county he lives in now, if they would be quicker to get on her case. They probably wouldn't want it, LOL. CSEA here, where the case is, know how she is. They just let her away with it for too long.

wendl

They let Jakes dad keep it up for about 13yrs, the 1st jail comtempt set his faith with this new prosecutor, he rides his dads rear now.

He had til last Friday to pay for the 3 cases or go to jail, he has court again today.

I pushed the issue until they got tired of hearing from me, the cs office usually is worthless, but once in the contempt division of cs and in the prosectors hands it's totally different.

We will see, I suggested next time work release.

Glad to see you I miss everyone, just really busy

janM

It was our assistant prosecutor (for CS, who happens to be a woman) who took her to court. They swore they would monitor the account, and keep on top of it.

Hasn't happened yet. She hasn't paid since late November. I think we need to keep on them, too.

Sigh.

wendl

It took me a month calling 3x a week to my case worker (and her supervisor) until they got tired of me and finally did something.

He has failed to pay again by 3/30 he had court 4/2 again but the website hasn't been update yet, prosecutor is thinking work release this time, his dad has made 2 payments since Oct.