Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are your plans for Father's Day?

Started by Ref, Jun 06, 2007, 09:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

SD will likely not even call this year. She is supposed to be with us, but that isn't happening because BM is flaming her desire to be with druggie freinds over DH.

He is going to be hurt and sad. Any ideas on how to make his Father's Day less painful?

Ref

wendl

My son doesn't see his father on fathers day.  What I did when he was young is make a scrapbook of his life to that point, then every year I mail his dad a new page to put in his book.

Maybe you can make dad a scrapbook with pictures in it.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MixedBag

The only similar experience I have is when EX#3 and I didn't have any of the 6 kids for Christmas.

I found a food kitchen that served dinner to the homeless that day and we went and helped.

We saw tons of people less fortunate than us.....and made them smile.

FLMom

Well, I'm the ex wife and we share summers week to week. So far it's been pretty funny for Father's Day.

For some reason, my kids thought that last Sunday was Father's Day, and I didn't give it a second thought. Since they were with me, I told the kiddos to tell their dad he could pick them up last Sunday whenever he wanted. We realized Saturday night that Sunday wasn't Father's Day, but I still OK'd him picking them up at 9am (At that point I'd had them the last weekend of school and the first week of summer---10 days--and I knew he'd be aching to see them).

Then we thought it was this Sunday, which was cool. It's always the second Sunday in June, right? Not this year. So, they won't be celebrating THIS Sunday either.

I'm planning on letting him pick them up at 9am again on the REAL Father's Day. The kids are already planning for this Sunday's holiday to be "Step-Father's Day", so my husband, who has been in their lives for seven years, won't feel left out. I'm so proud of my kids---they thought of that make-believe holiday all on their own!

dipper

Ref...I really dont know how to handle your situation.  I am sure you can find a card to express your admiration of the father your dh is.  Beyond that, I think I would just celebrate the day with him.  Make it just a you and him day......show your love and support as it will no doubt hurt that sd is not there.  

As for us, not sure what we are doing.  I am just hoping oss actually spends time with his dad.  YSS and my bios will be here.  I would be surprised if bios dad asks to see them.  Then again, if he thinks his mom will give him a gift he may come...that's just how it goes.  

dsm

Does he like to fish?  Take him fishing.  Go on a picnic.  Go for a bike ride.  Watch movies.  Play video games.  Have nookie.  Go to the beach.  Go golfing.  Anything.  The point is to acknowledge his hurt, but don't let him wallow in it.  And don't you wallow in it either.  Own it and then move on with your regular activities.  Otherwise, it eats and eats at you.

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 40; SD - 17; LO - 11; BB - 4
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
------------------
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

dsm

Kudos to you for being the way you are!  And how neat of your kids to acknowledge their stepdad!

==============================================================================

dsm - 36; DH - 40; SD - 17; LO - 11; BB - 4
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
------------------
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is