Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 12:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It finally happened...

Started by forthekids24, Aug 12, 2007, 11:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forthekids24

.... YSD (13) came to me this past weekend and told me she now sees her BM as the liar, idiot (other various strong words) that she is.  

She currently is scheduled to be at with BM one day a week during the school year, but YSD wants to be home full time during school (on school nights).  

YSD failed one class and did poorly in her others last year and she says that it is because BM does not give her the structure she needs.   There are other things going on in BM's house that YSD confided in me about, but YSD wants to keep them between us for now.

YSD doesn't want it to go to court because last time we tried to get the one day a week taken away in court, BM instructed the kids on what to say.  YSD admitted this to me.  YSD doesn't want to be put in the same position again.

We have a phone call in to our lawyer, but YSD wants to do this as quickly as possible.  She doesn't feel she can have a rational conversation with BM about it so she wants to send her an email with her wishes and informing BM that YSD will only be coming to see her EOW.  YSD is worried about how OSD will react.  OSD is on the same page, but BM has a very wealthy boyfriend that will buy OSD anything she wants.

Any suggestions?  Comments?  

MixedBag

love her

be honest with her about what's gonna happen

and encourage her to stick to her guns and tell the truth.