Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Will DCFS consider this abuse?

Started by equal_rights, May 19, 2004, 10:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

equal_rights

My son recently told me that his "mommy" hit him in the face right after he got off the phone with me telling me about a car accident that he was in.  I went to the police to file a report and the officer told me that he won't file a report for that.  He said that he believes what my son says because a child that young 9 times out of 10 is telling the truth, but that there was no mark, and a judge won't take a 4 year olds testimony.  If I report this to DCFS will they do anything about it?  My son should not be getting wacked in the face because he tells me things that he was involved in.

junglechicken

It's true - without a mark, no one will do anything, and even WITH a mark, it's a gamble.  If the police can't do anything, children's services certainly will not.

Document it for yourself.  See if a pattern progresses.  Go from there.

equal_rights

There is already a pattern of condition and mental abuse, this is the first time that my child has came out and told me that he was hit in the face though.  He said his "mommy" was mad that he told me about a car accident, he said she hit him in the face and knocked him down as soon as he got off the phone.  I have been documenting like mad for the last 3 years.  What good is the documentation if I never have a chance to show it to the proper authorities?  Judge or Case Worker?  They don't seem to care, at least the case workers don't that were on my case earlier.