Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 02:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Testing Avatar ....

Started by kiddosmom, Nov 30, 2003, 09:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

I was reading too fast.

Hmmm, deleting a post. I don't know. I see a 'delete' link in the posts, but it may be because I'm a moderator. Let me see what I can find.

Brent

I don't see any way to do it, but you can edit your post down to a couple of spaces and get rid of most of it. I'll keep looking and I'll email the admi about it. There must be a way.

FatherTime

Geocities probably has code to not allow hot linking.  Hot linking is where you grab graphics off of the server for use on another site.  It uses alot of bandwidth.  I had trouble with angelcities too.  Most of the free hosting sites would not allow hot linking.  It needs to be hosted on a server that would allow hot linking.  

MKx2

Thanks for checking on that Brent - appreciate it!

BTW - the subject line was meant in a joking tone.  LOL - gotta be careful - sometimes folks don't see the intended humor :O)

MKx2

I didn't know about that ... learn somethin' new everyday - I LOVE it when that happens!

kiddosmom

Thank You Brent, FatherTime and everyone else who helped! I think it is finnally working wooohooo.

Brent

> gotta be careful - sometimes folks don't see the intended humor :O)

Fortunately I had all my humor glands removed at the same time I had my sex-change operation. You can't tell from my picture, but I used to be a tall blonde girl with really big boobs. Now I look like that guy in the Matrix movie. :)

MKx2

YES!  It's working!

But ... kiddo?  No insult intended, but if I'da known your avatar was, well, ummmmm ... "that one" I might notta fiddled around to see if I could help in any way!

LOL - Just kidding!  Glad you got it working ... what was the prob anyway?

FatherTime

It was supposed to be an angel.  :-)

It looks like she had to use another server.  Be careful not to hot link if the site doesn't allow hot linking.  The site owner will see an increase in bandwidth traffic and can trace the use of the graphics to this site. Some WebTV (MsnTV) sites allow hot linking.  

If for some reason Avatars disappear or graphics like mine below disappear, it can be from bandwidth limits on the servers.  Once the limit is reached then the graphics will not be accessible.  Or the site has removed the graphic, moved it, or renamed it.

kiddosmom

Still working to find a decent avatar, but with the link Brent gave me, and FatherTimes explanation, I now know how to get my avatar on