Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:42:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can someone PLEASE explain something to me ...please?

Started by MKx2, Dec 05, 2003, 12:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKx2

Okay ... maybe I'm going to show my full-blown ignorance here, but I am really having an extremely difficult time understanding this entire issue with Kobe Bryant and the allegedly sexual assault charges he is facing.

I just saw a blurb on TV about this ... whoever it was, is talking about Bryant's early rise to fame, blah blah blah - then goes on to detail his flying to Edwards, Colorado to have knee surgery, checking into the hotel and having a tour by the concierge (the alleged victim).  Then, and this is a direct quote, "... the official report states that Kobe Bryant told the concierge to come to his room later ...."  Well obviously she DID go to his room.

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?  Did she not have a clue that being invited to the room of NBA Super Star Kobe Bryant was the first step of a sexual liason?  Or am I living in the 1970's or 80's?  Or in some other universe?  Did she think he was going to show her his NBA Championship Rings, make hot cocoa, sip it while talking about his surgery the next day, and then say "goodnight, sleep tight ..." and she would leave?

I'm not making excuses for an adulterous action on the part of Bryant, far from it.  What I'm trying to slot in my head is if this young lady didn't want to have sex with him, WHY did she go to his room????

Kitty C.

I might get flamed for this, but I don't give a damn.  But IMO, this is DEFINITELY one case where she was literally ASKING for it.  No, not just asking for it, LOOKING for it!  It all sounds like a set-up.  She went to his room OF HER OWN FREE WILL, knowing he was a superstar, knowing he was married.

SHE KNEW, no matter how you look at it.  She saw an opportunity to rake in the dough and like any typical PBFH she went for it.  Just wait and see.  Even if he gets acquitted, she will sue him in civil court and WIN, raking in FAR more than they did in the OJ case.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

Ok.  She went to his room because...tv, feminsts, poor parenting, the decline of Western Civilization.  MTV, Britney Spears, Hollywood, Madonna, the Democrats, Ted Kennedy, ACLU, Margaret Sanger, Hillary Clinton, Eleanor Roosevelt, Guns n'Roses....

Girls these days are just plain stupid.  I don't know what the hell she was thinking.  Back in the day, there was a name for these kind of girls...xxxxteases.  They like to lead guys on, then cut them off at the last minute.  No one deserves to be raped.  Girls need to be reeducated about dating, and what happens when you tease a man.  Not the feminist version either.

Lets not forget about educating our sons.  We need to teach them about the types of girls out there.  That preserving one's virginity will NOT make you gay.  That there is such a thing as honor and chivalry.  

Whatever, it's a hell of a time to be raising kids....

StPaulieGirl

No flames, she's an idiot.  See my post to MK....

sweetnsad

I tend to agree....This has "how much money do you think I can get if I settle out of court" written all over it....Just another typical high profile case...And speaking of flaming, I believe I will receive some when I say that I, and only I,  think Michael Jackson's case is similar...Just another money scam...

MKx2

while it "may" be a case of $$ ... I'm sorry.  The guy is from the Universe Kawazerachki.

IMVHO NO guy his age behaves in the manner he does around children.  I feel incredibly sad for Jackson, because he is a sicko ... again JMO.  I don't think  he's not got all the neurons and synapses  in the right places.

Just my .02 cents.

sweetnsad

It's alright to disagree...I'm not saying the guy is a model citizen either, but IMO, I think it's all a money-thing...He's nuts, yes, but I just can't see him doing it...Yet again, JMO....

Kitty C.

I even remember a few 'girls' who got labeled with that moniker!

And that's what scares me to death for my son.  Those immature, selfish twits who wiggle their backsides, crook their fingers, then when it gets hot and heavy, say 'Oh, no!'  JMO, but there ought to be a law that if they say yes at ANY point, they're stuck with it, unless physical violence is taking place.  Changing minds is NOT an option!

I'm doing my best, but never know if it's enough.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Indigo Mom

Is because we'll NEVER know what it's like to BE him.  Can you imagine being famous from the age of 5?

Can you imagine being the #1 of all time?  Everyone knows who he is and can sing at least one of his songs.  Even kids.

His life is weird because we don't know what it's like to have that life.  

I, for one, can not imagine having the "childhood" he did...if you could even call it a childhood.  

While we were playing with toys where you put shapes into the correct hole, he was on tour.  While we were learning how to write our names, he was singing to the world. While we were watching Lambchops, he was performing on stage, around the world.  Do you really think Michael Jackson EVER watched an episode of Sesame Street?

Do you think Michael Jackson got to go to his prom?  LMAO!  Did he even go to a regular school?  Dunno 'bout that one, but I can't imagine him walking to his locker between classes.  Everywhere he goes, he must have boo koo body guards.  He's ALWAYS watched, he's ALWAYS got people on the look out for his safety.  

While we go to the grocery store whenever we feel like it, he can not without being mauled by fans.

While we can sit on our front porch pickin' goobers, he gets to worry about his finger in his nose on the front page of National Enquirer.

He's had more bullshit lies spread about him, he sees it every day.  Everybody loves him, everybody hates him.  He doesn't even know who HE is!

His entire world has been open to the public since he was just a baby, guys!  His life has been ripped apart by the media, nothing of "his" is "his".  I don't think he had ANY say in his life as a young child star.  

Am I making excuses for him?  I'm not sure.  I just won't say he's weird because he's lived a life that not many other people have lived.

I could NOT imagine walking in Michael Jacksons shoes.

-----NO guy his age behaves in the manner he does around children. -----

No "regular ol joe" behaves the way he does.  Look what happens to adult children of alcoholics, adult children of drug addicts, adult children of sexual molestation, adult children of abuse.  They lost their childhoods, and tend to be/act/think different than the norm once they become adults.  They go through "weird" phases and such.  Difference is...they go through it and never have to worry about the paparazzi.  

He was denied his childhood.  While what he "does" may sound odd...damn...I was denied alot of things when I was younger, and when I grew up I did everything I had always wanted to while younger.  

-----I feel incredibly sad for Jackson, because he is a sicko -----

I don't think he's a sicko.  Nor do I think he's a child molester.  He is, however, a GREAT fortune for any family willing to sell their own child.  That is true sickness...IMO.

-----I don't think he's not got all the neurons and synapses in the right places.-----

Neither does half the worlds population.  That's why therapy is the "new thing".  Difference between you, me and Michael Jackson?  You and I can get help without the ENTIRE world being sold our "story".  

Indigo Mom

the "ways" of the opposite sex.  Both sexes have their weird little "quirks" and this MUST be taught to our kids.

Boys are always going to be tempted by wiggling backsides, jiggling boobs, crooked fingers...and girls are always going to feel like they "have" to do it if they really love the guy.

These things have been happening for thousands of years......unless we teach our kids right from wrong and about these "quirks", they'll end up victims of the games the opposite sex plays.

Each person, regardless of whether they be male or female NEEDS to have the right to say no.  Take that away and you legalize rape.