Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Please keep DH in your thoughts....

Started by 1angrystepmom, Dec 07, 2003, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1angrystepmom

My MIL has been fighting cancer since 1999.  She first had a lung removed, then 2 years later a kidney.  Recently they found a maligant tumor that has surrounded her Vena Cava.  (Incidently, she also, has a hernia.)

Tomorrow, she is having surgery, to attempt the removal of the malignancy around her vena cava.  IF they cannot remove it, it will be left in, and her hernia will be repaired, to atleast give her SOME comfort.

DH,  to say the least is a bit emotional.  He lost his father when he was just a 16 year old boy. (Ironicly, he has just begun a relationship with his daughter at 16) Sad thing is, he has gone through so much with his issues with his daughter, and HIS parenting her, as well as realizing exactly how much was stolen from him, he just now really has found  the meaning of "family."  

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  You are all, like a second "family" to us, and you are CERTAINLY all friends!  Thank you for everything....

Amber

MKx2

Hey Amber,

No need to worry about prayers and positive thoughts, for you and yours, from this group.

I can only begin to imagine the emotional roller coaster your DH is on at this time.  I will keep all  of you close to my heart, as always, and especially tomorrow.

Be well, go safely and trust the higher powers, my friend.

MK

lucky

I will definitely keep your dh in my prayers as well as you and your MIL.

Take care of him -- he'll need it in the coming days.
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Peanutsdad

Amber,

My best hopes and prayers to you and DH. Throw your MIL a party when she gets out!!

StPaulieGirl

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  May God bless your MIL, and I hope her surgery will be successful :)

sweetnsad

I am sorry for your MIL and your family, especially during the holiday season...God Bless you all and prayers to her that she will have a speedy recovery.

Indigo Mom

Absolutely!  You, your husband, and most especially MIL!