Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Letter to DHS/CPS

Started by lovehiskids, Dec 09, 2003, 01:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovehiskids

I need some help composing a letter to DHS. BM and her mom were/are (we don't know because no one will talk to us) under an active investigation for neglect.

Since the court ruled the guardianship BM's mom and stepdad had on the children was void and BM is the CP and per divorce decree DH has joint legal and rights to the records.

How can I word a letter (nicely this time) to inform them of this and request info?

Thanks
LHK

StPaulieGirl

If I'm not mistaken, you would need a subpoena to get the file, and even that might not work.  Good luck.

lovehiskids

They were going to give DH the info, since he had joint legal, but when they found out about the guardianship issue they changed their minds.

One of the main issues we want them to know is BM has the kids. At one point and time, the kids WERE NOT ALLOWED overnight with BM.

StPaulieGirl

Thanks for clarifying that.  I would inform them that your DH still has joint legal, and is entitled under the law to have access to any action regarding his children.  Maybe challenge the guardianship in court, if BM now has physical possession of the kids.  That's a violation of a court order.  Maybe Brent or TGB can help you with the letter, or better explain your rights.

Good luck.

lovehiskids

Re: CHRIS Referal Number XXXXXX

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is DH and I am the father of OSS, SD, and YSS. This letter is in reference to the case listed under CHRIS referal number XXXXXX.

As of December 4, 2003, Mr and Mrs Sharknummies Sr. no longer have legal guardianship of these children.  (see included paperwork) The guardianship was disolved and Sharknummies is now the custodial parent of OSS, YSS and SD.  I am the non-custodial parent, but I have full visitation and rights to the children's records.

I am requesting copies of all records reguarding my children. Per your Family Services Policy and Procedure Manual :

Reports, correspondence, memoranda, case histories, or other materials compiled or received by a licensee or a state agency engaged in placing a child, including both foster care and protective services records, shall be confidential and shall not be released or otherwise made available, except to the extent permitted by federal law and only:

D)   To the child's parent, guardian, or custodian

I am the parent of these children and as so have a legal right to these doccuments.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely

WOnderful Loving Dad

StPaulieGirl

Mr and Mrs Sharknummies Sr.

[p]LMAO!!!!