Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:57:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't understand the idiot (RANT - sorry!)

Started by MKx2, Dec 09, 2003, 04:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKx2

Okay - I don't usually post any rants, but today is the last straw for me ....

DH had to call PB about an upcoming sale of THEIR home (she never bought out his portion of marital property) as she is selling it.  

He told her that 9% interest on the amount ordered was not unreasonable to ask for his portion of the house (clear title) ... and the amount has now (with interest) has almost quadrupled.  HOWEVER ... he was more than willing to settle for an amout equal to only 1/3 of the quadrupled amount. Of course she refused.

She went into the boo-hoo and savagery of how he doesn't care about his kids and "she's (me) sucking you dry!  She buys all those lotions and things from Victoria's Secret!"  I've never even set FOOT in one of them!

Yes, when his girls have come to visit I take them to Bath and Body Shop and buy them some nice things and once a month I buy ONE lotion, ONE shampoo and ONE creme rinse for myself.  Is THAT unreasonable to spend $35 on MYSELF once a month?  No, I don't work but that is because DH doesn't WANT me to work.  If we're careful we can live on what he makes, pay our bills and pay the child support in full and on time every month AND give his eldest money to live on while he's at college.  That means that most of the time I buy any clothes that we need at 2nd hand stores and at Sam's when they put stuff on sale.

I'm not looking for anyone to say I'm doing a good job.  I could care less about that.  I'm responsible with DH's paycheck, we eat good meals, we don't take vacations every year ... anything extra goes to HIS kids (NOT mine).  Our kids are 24 (mine), 20, 18 and 16 (all his).

I despise that woman so much.  

I'm done.  Thanks for reading.  I just hate this icky feeling ... I'm not guilty of anything she's accused me of ... I spent the money on THEIR damn kids, NOT on me or mine!  Then it bites me in the rear!

Think I'll go to bed now.  I don't even want to THINK about the venemous idiot anymore today.  She doesn't even deserve to be called a woman or mother!

gripe ... groan ... complain .... and yes, I will admit to being a whiner right now.  I WANT to be one.  I'm SICK to death of dealing with unreasonable people!

StPaulieGirl

She went into the boo-hoo and savagery of how he doesn't care about his kids and "she's (me) sucking you dry! She buys all those lotions and things from Victoria's Secret!" I've never even set FOOT in one of them!

[p]I buy Avon lotion when I can find an Avon lady, but you deserve to treat yourself.  Don't apologize!
[p]I had to go to the mall last year to have my Mom's engagement ring appraised.  While I was there, I walked through Victoria's Secret.  Sticker shock!  The catalogs are bad enough, but actually holding that price tag...which weighs more than the merchandise, is an experience.

[p]Maybe you should buy something from Victoria's Secret.  You can wrap it and give it your husband for Christmas )(

[p]Maybe Ms. Idiot is starting to realize that she screwed up.

Peanutsdad

Sigh,, you KNOW she just counted on being able to keep most of HIS money from the sale of the marital home, (greedy), and you KNOW shes gonna lash out at you as the complete culprit for her not being able to keep his money,( funny how that works), so you also KNOW, she only LOVES it when she figures shes gotten your goat again. Dont let her,, let it roll off, YOU ARE the better person. Sleep well my friend an wink at that person in the mirror.

MKx2

Thanks STPG and PD ... I KNOW I shouldn't get upset about her opinion.  I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW ... but I feel like my integrity has been attacked.

I'll get over it ... a good night's sleep will do me more good than anything.

PD - ya know what?  I winked at the face in the mirror and it winked back!  :D

Thanks for the votes of confidence ... and just an FYI - dear PB hasn't worked but a total of 2 years (part-time jobs only) since she and DH split up .... what a piece of work!

JAFO

You know better than to let anything she says or does get under your skin.

My goodness, let it go!  The light is at the end of the tunnel for you and it's so close then you'll never have to deal with her.

MKx2

My bad!  Like I said, I usually don't rant or let these things get me so bad ... I suppose that sometimes you stand tall against it for so long, and due to x-y-z, you happen to be vulnerable at a specific moment, and BINGO!  You lose your cool.

I feel much better this morning.  Thankfully my melt-down was only inside the confines of my head, home, and this board.  

Yes, the light IS at the end of the tunnel; however I will differ with you on one point.  As she is the mother of DH's children, each one of our lives will forever by touched by the others, even if only in small ways.  I'm sure that when we get to that light the "touch" will be minimal and have far less impact though.

Sometimes each of us, no matter how hard we have tried in taking the higher road, stumbles.  LOL - perhaps mine was a bit more like fall down the face of Mt. Kilamanjaro though.  At least I got back to the summit this morning.

A new day, the sun will soon rise here, I have coffee, a sleeping husband, a wonderful son of my own ... life is good.

Thanks for rattling my cage a bit JayC.  

Peanutsdad

What are friends for,, besides, Id worry about you if you didnt occasionally let off some steam about it all. ;)

MKx2

As predicted, I am in a FAR better mood tonight.  :D

While I am marginally hacked off at DH for not defending me, in all likelihood he shouldn't have anyway - would have caused more arguing in the end.

So its just my little weinie self being somewhat unreasonable, and I'll be over that in short order as well, I'm sure.

Thanks for your support, comments and cage rattling ... I truly do appreciate it!

Davy

Melissa

I suspect your DH is a most fortunate man and you as well.

May you celebrate many loving and fond memories DAILY.

You have the grasp !!!!