Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:06:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1angrystepmom ????

Started by MKx2, Dec 12, 2003, 04:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKx2

Any news re DH's mom?  Been thinking about all of you so much!

Let us know, please ....

1angrystepmom

The news is not good.  So much has transpired in the last few days.  She DID survive the surgery, which was a blessing.  They removed the mass, on the Vena Cava.  HOWEVER, there are positive markers on her aorta, and cancer on her duodenum.

SD is was still being a monster about her snow board trip, and DH said he couldn't take her attitude along with what is going on with his mother (DH is disabled, and we also found out Monday, that they are trying to rule out Lupus, or MS as a factor in his health issues.to top it ALL off)

We purchased her one -way ticket last week, however, Wed. DH told SD about her GM, and he gave her the choice to come here for the FULL Christmas visit (ordered by the court) or to stay in CA, WITH the knowledge that her GM has months to live.  She chose her snow boarding trip.  In a way it is a little relief for DH, he feels the need to concentrate on his mother at this time.  

TUESDAY:  I had an accident at work, and have sprained my left Knee, ankle, and foot.... When it rains it pours I guess....

Thanks for asking about the goings on here, it is nice to know someone cares :)

Amber  

MKx2

Amber,

I really am sorry about all the issues and budens in your life right now.  This too shall pass ... trouble is sometimes getting through the "passing" part of the journey is that it takes too long and tests us to our limits.

DH did the right thing with his DD - forcing a visit would have been disastrous for all of you, and this may be one lesson for her in responsibility of decision.  

In a way, IF they find that Lupus or MS is a factor in DH's helath issues, at least there may be something that can be done in terms of treatement/meds that will make his life more comfortable.  And if they're ruled out, perhpas they WILL find something else that can be treated.

Know that you and yours are never far from my thoughts.

Be well and go safely sweetie, and take care of YOU through all of this!

MMK

oneandonly

Peanutsdad

Hang in there Amber,,, one day at a time,, sometimes, take it one hour at a time.

There is nothing life can throw that you cannot overcome with a little love, a little perserverence, and a little ingenuity and a hellova lot of patience.

Kitty C.

I agree, your DH did the right thing in letting SD choose.  If DH does have lupus or MS, stress can SERIOUSLY effect it and if SD were there 'against her will', it could exacerbate his symptoms.

Just remember:  The good Lord doesn't give you anymore than He knows you can handle.....tho He does seem to 'push the envelope' at times.  I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......