Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:54:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Just about what I'd expect from a politician........

Started by Brent, Dec 17, 2003, 11:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Politician Accused of Drug Dealing

EAST ORANGE, NJ-December 17, 2003 — The FBI has arrested a city political figure in New Jersey on charges she sold crack cocaine for a street gang.

A cooperating federal witness bought 169 vials of crack from Sophia Merritt two weeks after she was elected to the Democratic committee in June 2002, according to a court document filed by the FBI. She was 18 at the time.

Several weeks later, Merritt was seen in a car with more than a pound of cocaine, the filing said.

"She was a full-time narcotics dealer," Assistant U.S. Attorney Marc Agnifilo told The Star-Ledger of Newark.

Merritt sold drugs for the Double ii Bloods, authorities said.

She and her running mate, DeWayne Ellison, are among over 100 unsalaried Essex County or local party committee members. Two represent each of the 55 districts in East Orange.

They were on a slate with Rep. Donald Payne of Newark and Essex County Executive Joseph DiVincenzo.

DiVincenzo's campaign committee paid for Merritt's election literature. He told the newspaper, "I do not even know this woman. No comment." Payne also said he had never met Merritt.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Last Updated: Dec 17, 2003

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/print_12172003_nw_politiciandrugs.html

StPaulieGirl

DiVincenzo's campaign committee paid for Merritt's election literature. He told the newspaper, "I do not even know this woman. No comment." Payne also said he had never met Merritt.

[p]Hahahahaahaa!  Yeah, that's what they all say!

Brent

Politician Accused of Drug Dealing

EAST ORANGE, NJ-December 17, 2003 — The FBI has arrested a city political figure in New Jersey on charges she sold crack cocaine for a street gang.

A cooperating federal witness bought 169 vials of crack from Sophia Merritt two weeks after she was elected to the Democratic committee in June 2002, according to a court document filed by the FBI. She was 18 at the time.

Several weeks later, Merritt was seen in a car with more than a pound of cocaine, the filing said.

"She was a full-time narcotics dealer," Assistant U.S. Attorney Marc Agnifilo told The Star-Ledger of Newark.

Merritt sold drugs for the Double ii Bloods, authorities said.

She and her running mate, DeWayne Ellison, are among over 100 unsalaried Essex County or local party committee members. Two represent each of the 55 districts in East Orange.

They were on a slate with Rep. Donald Payne of Newark and Essex County Executive Joseph DiVincenzo.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Last Updated: Dec 17, 2003

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/print_12172003_nw_politiciandrugs.html

StPaulieGirl

[p]Hahahahaahaa!  Yeah, that's what they all say!